• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Guardsman faints, stabbing himself with bayonet

Poor bugger!

Wonder if he'll be charged for being idle on parade?
Given that comment in the story about the loss of blood I wonder if his mates were afraid to go to his aid. Knowing the G.G. he would tend to stop everything and order care be given (if he saw it)

G.G.is a good man. When Obama spent Christmas with hs family in a beach in Hawaii, H.E. David Johnston was in some hellhole in Afghanistan spending Christmas with Canadian troops.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
when i was in the Royal Anglicans TA our unit went to colly for a parade with the lord lt of the county and other notables. Our corporal of assualt pioneers was so shit hot with SLR drill that he managed to stab the bloke behind him with his bayonet.

on a mates laptol with no spellcheck, balancing pecarisly with a cup o tea and chocky biscuits so please escuse typing for a few days .

when i was in the Royal Anglicans TA our unit went to colly for a parade with the lord lt of the county and other notables. Our corporal of assualt pioneers was so shit hot with SLR drill that he managed to stab the bloke behind him with his bayonet.

on a mates laptol with no spellcheck, balancing pecarisly with a cup o tea and chocky biscuits so please escuse typing for a few days .
Don't worry. The BBC refers to them as the Royal Anglicans as well, even when they're sober and sat at a desk.

Classic comment from 'DougieD' :lol:
'I don't think it's unusual for people to pass out while standing at attention. I did a short stint in the Air Cadets when I was a teenager and seen it happen a couple of times. There were no injuries.'

Looking through various comments, there's one that suggests that the route should be changed and another that hints that the Guard should walk around the manholes. Haven't they considered the simple expedient of resin-bonding some grit to the cover and frame?

Looking through various comments, there's one that suggests that the route should be changed and another that hints that the Guard should walk around the manholes. Haven't they considered the simple expedient of resin-bonding some grit to the cover and frame?
You see, you see the problem with that idea is that its too much like common sense!

C

cloudbuster

Or rubber bayonets?

Originally Posted by random person

I used to be in the Grenadier Guards. If he had fallen properly, at attention, foreward onto his face, he would have been safe from the bayonette.'
Some one put the above comment on the article, priceless.
Could that be OUR random_person?

I read the first and last pages of this post. Absolutely hilarious and sick. I laughed until I cried, and I haven't done that a lot lately.

By the way, I'm an American.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/now-thats-wh...-happy-st-skyscrapers-day-18.html#post3415549

Which would explain the spelling of bayonette. But walting as a Grenadier??? What's the point?

Answer: The stabby bit at the end of the bayonet.

T

Taffd

Many moons ago at HMS Ganges, there was a lad in the guard that fainted and managed to stab himself in the chin.

Latest Threads