Guardsman faints, stabbing himself with bayonet

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DavidBOC, Jun 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Poor bugger!

Wonder if he'll be charged for being idle on parade?
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

No doubt he'll have gravel rash as well.
  3. Given that comment in the story about the loss of blood I wonder if his mates were afraid to go to his aid. Knowing the G.G. he would tend to stop everything and order care be given (if he saw it) a good man. When Obama spent Christmas with hs family in a beach in Hawaii, H.E. David Johnston was in some hellhole in Afghanistan spending Christmas with Canadian troops.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Those pesky manhole covers have a lot to answer for. Was wondering if anything like this has ever happened over here?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

when i was in the Royal Anglicans TA our unit went to colly for a parade with the lord lt of the county and other notables. Our corporal of assualt pioneers was so shit hot with SLR drill that he managed to stab the bloke behind him with his bayonet.

on a mates laptol with no spellcheck, balancing pecarisly with a cup o tea and chocky biscuits so please escuse typing for a few days .
  6. And a self-inflicted injury!
  7. Don't worry. The BBC refers to them as the Royal Anglicans as well, even when they're sober and sat at a desk.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Classic comment from 'DougieD' :lol:
    'I don't think it's unusual for people to pass out while standing at attention. I did a short stint in the Air Cadets when I was a teenager and seen it happen a couple of times. There were no injuries.'
  9. The caption for the photo says "A ceremonial foot guard collapsed in just the third day of inspection... ". No wonder he fell over, how long do they have to stand there for?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

or we were also called the Angle irons by sappers .
  11. Now, if they'd been using SLRs, he'd have been a lot further away from his bayonet.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Looking through various comments, there's one that suggests that the route should be changed and another that hints that the Guard should walk around the manholes. Haven't they considered the simple expedient of resin-bonding some grit to the cover and frame?
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

You see, you see the problem with that idea is that its too much like common sense!