Guards To Lose Their Bearskins ???????

Chris Mullins Labour MP for Sunderland South has put forward a motion to ban the Guards from wearing the Bearskins as it serves no useful military purpose

yeah, but it looks pretty nifty and is well known the world over. ain't that enough? or would he rather see them in berets or (god forbid) shakoes?

W.Anchor said:
Chris Mullins Labour MP for Sunderland South has put forward a motion to ban the Guards from wearing the Bearskins as it serves no useful military purpose
Would that be the same Chris Mullins who campaigned for the release of the Birmingham six!!!!

The Palace Guard - Recognized by their red coats and tall bear skin hats, the Palace Guards stand straight and still like statues while on duty at Buckingham Palace until the daily ritual of "the changing of the guard" occurs.
says it all i think....

Andyroo said:
At least the black bear population of Siberia have one less predator to worry about then ;-)
They come from Canadian road-kill. Use them or lose them. This little point is missed on the MP for stupidity.

JJ

What a total knob. Can we assume that he wears a tie and has collars on his shirts and lapels on his jackets, why? they serve no useful purpose.
Who's going to hold him down whilst I saw his nipples off with a rusty butter knife? after all, they serve no useful purpose. :x

oldbaldy

LE
They were talking about this in the 60s when I had to wear one of the things.
Suspect they will fail again, can't get them to sit properly especially when wet.
Oh the joy of grooming the thing & hanging it out of windows.
And of course having a red mark round the forhead after wearing one for a few hours.

india-juliet said:
W.Anchor said:
Would that be the same Chris Mullins who campaigned for the release of the Birmingham six!!!!
FYI:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/chris_mullin/sunderland_south

Also the author of the book 'A Very British Coup'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Very_British_Coup -Good book & film actually!, Arrsers may find themselves identifying with some of the films/books characters! :lol:

A little bit more background:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1725302,00.html

What about 'Guards to loose their foreskins'? Apparently that little bit of flesh serves no useful purpose other than causing the spraying wee everywhere when you've had too much to drink.

They could form a new Guards Regt - the Yiddish Guards and recruit exclusively from the Jewish population. Hey they could kill two birds with one stone, replace the bearskins with those little prayer caps as well.

Someone take him into the back room and show him the stacks of millions of pounds that tourists drop in London just because they want to come to the palace and see the guards in their funny hats...then suggest how much less there would be in the vault if they wore something ordinary...

Chris Mullins Labour MP for Sunderland South....... Is a c 0ck. The snivelling little sh1t just wants to see any National identity banished. The Guards bearskin is as much a British icon as Big Ben , The White cliffs of Dover, London taxis (no longer black cabs not PC) & Stonehenge. Unfortunetly (for him) theres not alot you can do about Stonhenge & the White cliffs so its small things like this that the w@nkers latch onto. Where the fcuk do these nobs get off ????

LT.

Just another mouthy, useless, skiving cnut of an MP.
Can't see it happening. Take bearskins off the Guards? That would be as dumb as having the kilts for the Royal Regiment of Scotland made in the the Far East!
Oh, hang on...

mgmidget said:
No expert on the Guards but I was under the impression that OR bearskins were synthetic. Am I wrong?
No they're real, I saw it on tv and they grow and have to be trimmed. Can't remember when I saw it, some April the first one year. Oh fcuk!

Latest Threads