Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi was curious if the Guards Parachute Platoon still have to take part in public duties? And also I was told that the Irish guards are moving back to Aldershot so does this mean they will be doing more public duties now? Thanks

Rooper

War Hero
Whilst they are members of the Guards Pl attached to 3 PARA they don't carry out public duties (unless 3 PARA are doing them (god forbid)). Once they return to their parent regiment it is fair game!

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Hi was curious if the Guards Parachute Platoon still have to take part in public duties? And also I was told that the Irish guards are moving back to Aldershot so does this mean they will be doing more public duties now? Thanks

You were asking about joining as a plumber then you tell us you have applied to be a draftsman and now you are enquiring about the Guards.

Not sure what to make of you, but you are very close to being barred from the site as a troll unless you can convince me otherwise.

Design draughtsman, what happened was I dislocated my shoulder on the team tasks at selection October 2019 so was defered for a year which is where I originally applied as a plumber. However the Irish guards had a presentation at selection and they were very convincing at the time. And now after a year of working in construction the design draughtsman seemed the most appealing to me. Had a lot of thinking about what I wanted to do in that year hence why I asked so many questions about the different roles

crazy_chester

Old-Salt
Design draughtsman, what happened was I dislocated my shoulder on the team tasks at selection October 2019 so was defered for a year which is where I originally applied as a plumber. However the Irish guards had a presentation at selection and they were very convincing at the time. And now after a year of working in construction the design draughtsman seemed the most appealing to me. Had a lot of thinking about what I wanted to do in that year hence why I asked so many questions about the different roles

Fair one.

Latest Threads