ugly

LE
Abso bl##dy lutely.
A complete pile of unadulterated trash which I sincerely hope does not reflect on the Grens but probably does.
I have met a couple of former gren subbies whilst collecting on city Poppy Day and they didn’t seem posh, educated, well spoken and erudite yes but then so were quite a few of my contemporary soldiers

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Good day to you all,

I am currently in the proccess of applying for an army scholarship, my Medical report has just been recieved by my CSM, and i would like to know about how likely it is that i will get into the regiment I want to. My top choice is the grenadier guards, followed by the scots guards and then succeeded by the Duke of lancs which is my local regiment. What I would like to know is what are my chances of actually getting into the grenadiers as an officer? I attended state schools for both Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education. My parents are not rich, nor am I as a 16 year old in college with a part time job. So am I less likely to get into the guards because of my background? I have been in the ACF for over 4 years now and recently graduated my senior cadet instructors cadre with a nomination for best cadet on the course as well as being recomended for Master cadet in April 2020. Will my Cadet achievents overrule my backgrund or will I not be accepted because I might not fit in? Asking for anyone who can help me with this.

Thank you in advance, A real Briton

Reposted on new account due to personal details open to public on old one.
None unless you learn to capitalise titles of units and a dedication to spellcheck if not spelling is an asset

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Join the Gunners . It has a social hierarchy , some regiments being posher than others , with the King's Troop being at the top of the pile , plus you can do either the All Arms Commando or Parachute courses and join the appropriate regiments if that's your thing , or there's FOO roles as well which are all sneaky beaky type stuff , or if you're sports oriented , they have lots of that as well .
Plus the ability to finish up as a deaf Major acting as bursar to a minor public school . The odd shaped wife and Golden Retriever are issued on completion of the BCs course at RSA

Latest Threads