Guards height

I want to join the Grenadier Guards as a DE officer, but slightly worried about my height.
I am only 5'8", and the female AGC recruiter at my local office says I'm too small- is she correct?
Thanks

Is she talking about your cock?

Don't worry OP, the days of having to be 6'+ to join the guards is long over, but I think that to be a member of the sovereign's company its still unoffically for the 6 footers.

Looked like she had a pretty big one herself,
Is genital size a barrier of entry as well...???
Only if she has bigger balls than yourself! ^~

Mate,at the parade in Windsor I saw the smallest Grenadier ever who looked about five foot in ammo boots so you wouldn't be the shortest.

I want to join the Grenadier Guards as a DE officer,
Why would anyone with a chin, intelligence and testicles want to do something stupid like that? Assuming you actually have a chin, intelligence and testicles that is......

Why would anyone with a chin, intelligence and testicles want to do something stupid like that? Assuming you actually have a chin, intelligence and testicles that is......
Well, see .... that's the thing. The point is that we have to celebrate diversity in all it's aspects, so just because you are a little short (as in your arse is too close to the ground), it shouldn't matter as long as you are bisexual, asexual, homosexual, metrosexual, or even heterosexual (but check for positive discrimination). It probably would help if you were bl. ... er (are we allowed to say black these days on Arrse?).

And if you are an enemy of the state and object to taking the oath of loyalty, so much the better.

Hope this helps and good luck with it.

Matt XXX

I got ROPs tonight for politely pointing out that the OP has posted this query or similar on three seperate threads today.... If he cant make his mind up or find the info he needs on here, or take the advice he has already been given then I wouldn't trust the nice fellow with either a map, a weapon nor a command...
So he is certainly junior officer material in your opinion.

My first boss was a 5'7" ex Welsh Guards Sgt he was also ex boxing champ,by the time I knew him he was also about 5'7" wide!

Height restrictions went out due to racial equality laws. They inadvertently discriminate against certain types of ethnically challenged individuals. But as someone else noted, I think they only applied to ORs even when they were still the case.

Anyone remember that donkey-walloper who came off his horse on the Birthday parade last year? I swear to God he was not only short, he was a F*cking midget! I honestly thought for a moment that some wag had allowed his 10yr. old son to do the parade in his place. I reckon he was about 5ft tall at most. Looked completly ridiculous TBH.
I understand all the "Diversity" B*ollocks and what have you, but surely we can find a way around it with a bit of honest chicanery ? In the interests of military dignity if nothing else...

Height restrictions went out due to racial equality laws. They inadvertently discriminate against certain types of ethnically challenged individuals. But as someone else noted, I think they only applied to ORs even when they were still the case.
Well I thought the Scots/Welsh/Irish variants took care of that..Chippy/Mongy/Pigthick..'Duck'.. :)

Around about 2000 I think, although it was probably suspended for the World Wars.
WW2 Company of Welsh Guards known as the "Little Iron Men" because they were short but tough. Height restriction done away with under equality legislation to allow wimmin in, some in the band. IMHO looks bloody stupid when a short arse is next to a lanky one and they have to march like the clappers to keep up with their little legs. Original height restrictions were to give uniformity in leg length so looked better when marching.