Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bernoulli, Sep 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bet the Orderly Sgt is a full screw now :)
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Probably hesitated in case Bliar insisted on them being charged with murder for protecting the Queen..... :twisted:
  3. Normally works.
  4. go and see the Express front page I think that explains why they didn`t slot him (or the uk is sh**e posts):lol:
  5. Hold your fire!

Batman has diplomatic immunity under a reciprocal agreement which also protects Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Who when they are over here.
  6. Sorry NWD, I was a bit of a "Marvel" buff when I was a kid, and it pains me to see the Masked Avenger with a middle-age paunch, and with his plums peeking coyely out from his briefs 8O .
  7. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Surprised he got media attention. its not smoking, salt, obese children, drinking, ethnic diversity, habits, election, cabinet changes, etc, etc.
  8. Is it just me or are these twonks the last people on earth you'd want around kids?

I think they have a very valid grievance, but would you allow "Batman" to look after your rugrats for an afternoon?
  9. At least he got off the sofa, planned and executed (successfully) an operation and achieved his aim, and as posted above, got harmless publicity in a time where we are overloaded with salt/fat/cabinet/Cherie B Liar etc etc etc.

Don't wish to condone any threat to HM QE II, quite the opposite, but it does come to something when a pair of civvies dressed as Marvel characters get past men in dead bear hats, and armed police, in broad daylight.
  10. Neo

Neo Clanker

Should have shot 'em, not to kill though. Maybe anyone who really wanted to get up to mischief in the Palace would think twice. End of the day you can get another Batman and Robin, I've seen loads on the piss in Blackpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps they could have sent in Catwoman first to have a look by night as her night vision would have saved the hassle by informing the two "Retired Super Heroes" that there was simply 'nobody home...'

PPPPPPP! agreed? :lol:
  11. bernoulli,

Your gettin confused. the caped crusader (plums and all) was DC not MARVEL.
  12. HMV Boy - top post

13. Osama Bin Bas*ard would never accept Batman. Too American. But Fatwa-man......coming to a terrorist TV station(Al Jazeera)near you soon.