Guards and normal infantry reg

If I go infantry I'm considering Irish Guards. Obviously the guards regiments all do ceremonial so my question is will the admin be far more bullshitty ? Can't find much Info when it comes to the ceremonial side of the job, how much ceremonial do you actually do?

If I go infantry I'm considering Irish Guards. Obviously the guards regiments all do ceremonial so my question is will the admin be far more bullshitty ? Can't find much Info when it comes to the ceremonial side of the job, how much ceremonial do you actually do?
'Join the army and see the world, join the guards and swab the b@stard'

It certainly was incredibly bullshitty in my time but perhaps that has lessened.

'Join the army and see the world, join the guards and swab the b@stard'

It certainly was incredibly bullshitty in my time but perhaps that has lessened.
when it comes to the ceremonial side of the job, how much ceremonial do you actually do?
Now, each battalion has a dedicated ceremonial company to do the bulk of that.
In the 70s we had a lot of that. The 'Silly Season', was the runup to the QBP and you drilled every day as well as mounting guard.
Going on exercise was a nice rest.

If I go infantry I'm considering Irish Guards.

A personal decision and each to their own.

Obviously the guards regiments all do ceremonial so my question is will the admin be far more bullshitty ?

As you have identified that the Guards, do indeed, carry out ceremonial duties. Can it really be considered bullshitty that the ceremonial duties side of it requires additional drill, bulling, cleaning etc.

Call me old fashioned, but with TV cameras ( a potential audience across the world ) the General public, tourists and an assortment of others eyes upon me, I certainly wouldn't want to look like a bag of sh!te and the only Drill pig in step.

As a final comment. Something that I fear has been lost or severely diluted over the years.

What standard would you happy to be at when you are representing yourself, your Bn and your Country.

Latest Threads