Guards - 1960s Documentary

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by para_medic, Dec 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. None of those links seem to work

2. They work for me...

3. Must be for UK only

4. I'm in Germany...

5. Fcukin' Gleaming!!!!

A tear in the eye, an ache in the heels and knees. Those were the days..........weren't they :?

Inky

6. Not surprising we have knackered backs and knees, and there were some familiar faces lurking in the shadows!

7. Classic stuff, hard to tell, but was that all at the depot, ie D lines as it was then, or was some of it elsewhere?

I remember the assault course very well, shame they didnt show the sand hill and the 4 sisters.

Such a shame the old depot now lets all the dross train there :(

8. Top notch

Mint

Thrilling :!:

9. All I can say is that ******* and I mean ******* BRILLIANT!!

10. what I meant to say is that, that was fcuking, and I mean Fcuking BRILLIANT!!

11. One night in the 1990's I was sleeping in a bilet in B lines, me and a mate had a one of the rooms to our selves. during the night I had movement and crying down the end of the billet. Looking down I could see someone cleaning there boots by torch light under the blankets, I put it down to one of the recruits coming in and went back to sleep. Woke up the following morning and there was no one there, my mate had heard the same thing. ghost? dream? who knows but bloody spooky.

Trotsky

12. Thoroughly enjoyed this documentry, presumably the Guards is far from this sort of discipline in this day and age.

13. Weird, I was describing the "fun" we had on the March & Shoots when I was a crow in 78 tot eh wife only the other day!!

Fun times on Adair Walk with KFS grasped firmly behind the back and right arm shoulder high on the way to dinner.