Guardroom Occurrence Book

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by franklin, Aug 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been jiffed for a small project. Anyone know if its possible to get a smaller version of the Guardroom Occurrence Books through the system? Checked Staples today but no luck.

A5 size
    Pages with Serial numbers
    Opens landscape (horizontal)

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

3. Just copy it verbatim on word or excel, print and put in a nice folder. "Simples"
  4. Let's not forget the need for a ruler to write on and a pile of JT Edson paperbacks with the last 20 pages missing.
  5. msr

msr LE

6. :D
  7. They're crap these days. Gone are the days of "ATTADS W1021000 LCpl Smith, J entered the guardroom and requested an empty cell and as many men as we had on the guardshift". It's all "with reference to the statement provided" now.

Balls to yuman rights and privacy, bring back entertaining occurence books!
  8. It really helped pass the drag stag and cold be informative as well as revealing.
  9. Am I missing something? we still use ATTADS here.
  10. could try the small cash accounting books 379?
  11. Yes, you are missing something, the joke is the entry itself, not the use of ATTADS ;)
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Just out of interest, why the fuck would you check Staples?
  13. I read some absolute Gems in the Guardroom book for Buck Palace, most notably (and paraphrasing slightly)...

"At the time and date......I heard a loud bang from the roof of the Palace. I immediately crashed out the QRF and upon inspection found that someone had placed 12 reindeers and a sled on the roof by the mast. We were then joined on the roof by a fat, white bearded man wearing a red suit and carrying a large sack. We detained him and awaited the arrival of civvy plod, well thats the reason Im telling my kids why they are getting **** all anyway...Merry Xmas!!"

Or a slightly less PC one....

"Blah blah blah......Sir, it seems the Good Nation of Great Britain has been OVERRUN! We at the Palace are surrounded by small, skinny yellow people who seem hell bent on taking pot shots at the sentries, I cant hear the rounds but I can see the muzzle flashes clearly. I am currently distributing the antique 5.56 to the QRF and will be manning the battlements shortly. Do not fret, we will use this as the last bastion of hope, those dirty yellow bastards wont breach our perimeter!!!"

Followed by another entry about 3 hours later...

"Sir, we have Zips in the wire, expend all remaining rounds on my position...its a lovely war on tourism!!!!"

Made the 0400 - 0500 phone stag go a bit quicker anyway!!!
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

ATTADS I saw little fairies coming through the wall.

It was worth a couple of extra's.
  15. Maybe it's just my last couple of postings then. Page after page of "referring to my statement dated blah, blah".

Not a single officer's wife being tag teamed in the block or inter sex pad boxing match in sight.