Guarding the Tower of london

Not sure if this is the right place but..
A friend is going to the ceremony of the keys tonight and asked what is the regiment doing the guard? Anyone know?

1stgulfmac said:
A friend is going to the ceremony of the keys tonight and asked what is the regiment doing the guard? Anyone know?
Whose keys?

oldbaldy

LE
Dilfor said:
1stgulfmac said:
Whose keys?
Queen Elizabeth's keys

oldbaldy said:
Dilfor said:
1stgulfmac said:
Whose keys?
Queen Elizabeth's keys
Ahem...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oldbaldy

LE
poohyerpants said:
oldbaldy said:
Dilfor said:
1stgulfmac said:
Whose keys?
Queen Elizabeth's keys

"Pass Queen Elizabeths keys. Alls well".
'God preserve Queen Elizabeth'

It is on a 48 hourly rotation. Currently there is a Signal regiment and a Gunner Regiment on the duties roster in addition to the Guards Bns and incremental companies. So it could be one of 5 or 6 capbadges - it is always the same one that is at Buckingham Palace and St James's Palace as the three sites are counted as one for guarding purposes (called the Queen's Guard) and covered by the same unit for that 48 hour period. If it matters to you that much call the Superintendent Clerk at the Household Div at HorseGuards.

oldbaldy

LE
The_Phantom said:
It is on a 48 hourly rotation. Currently there is a Signal regiment and a Gunner Regiment on the duties roster in addition to the Guards Bns and incremental companies. So it could be one of 5 or 6 capbadges - it is always the same one that is at Buckingham Palace and St James's Palace as the three sites are counted as one for guarding purposes (called the Queen's Guard) and covered by the same unit for that 48 hour period. If it matters to you that much call the Superintendent Clerk at the Household Div at HorseGuards.
47 Field Regt are Queens Guard at the moment.

I do the ceremony of the keys every morning at home:

Murphy " Honey...do you know where my keys are?"

Mrs Slaw " wherever you left them last night."

Murphy "If I knew where that was, I wouldn't be asking you, would I?"

Mrs Slaw " There's no need for that attitude, if you didn't come in drunk and throw everythimg on the kitchen table you'd be able to find things in the morning."

Murphy looking under the kitchen table, " found them...Bye"

I wonder if the Yanks would like to pay to see it.

Murphy_Slaw said:
I do the ceremony of the keys every morning at home:

Murphy " Honey...do you know where my keys are?"

Mrs Slaw " wherever you left them last night."

Murphy "If I knew where that was, I wouldn't be asking you, would I?"

Mrs Slaw " There's no need for that attitude, if you didn't come in drunk and throw everythimg on the kitchen table you'd be able to find things in the morning."

Murphy looking under the kitchen table, " found them...Bye"

I wonder if the Yanks would like to pay to see it.
Sounds like fun - I'm not a spam, but, do i get a military discount?

oldbaldy said:
The_Phantom said:
47 Field Regt are Queens Guard at the moment.
FIELD - I think not

oldbaldy said:
poohyerpants said:
oldbaldy said:
Dilfor said:
1stgulfmac said:
Whose keys?
Queen Elizabeth's keys

Hurrah!

(Bugler plays "Last Post")

taffridge said:
oldbaldy said:
poohyerpants said:
oldbaldy said:
Dilfor said:
1stgulfmac said:
Whose keys?
Queen Elizabeth's keys

Hurrah!
It dont arf make yer proud.

1stgulfmac said:
taffridge said:
oldbaldy said:
poohyerpants said:
oldbaldy said:
Dilfor said:
1stgulfmac said:
Whose keys?
Queen Elizabeth's keys

Hurrah!
About 15 minutes of trying not to slip over in front of portly Americans, loved it.

1stgulfmac said:
can you ask him to get me a bottle of Yeoman Warder port please? very good stuff :)

oldbaldy

LE
taffridge said:
1stgulfmac said:
taffridge said:
oldbaldy said:
poohyerpants said:
oldbaldy said:
Dilfor said:
1stgulfmac said:
Whose keys?
Queen Elizabeth's keys

Hurrah!
About 15 minutes of trying not to slip over in front of portly Americans, loved it.
No need to go now. Stay in the warm & read this. :D