Guard threatened to throw returning soldiers off train

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by The_Professor, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm glad this wasn't a call for the Outrage Bus to be first paraded.
  2. Return the money that he spent and offer him a decent gift for his generosity perhaps? :)
  3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Quick pass this onto Kookalooka - he can make a Red Top Journo story out of this to really rev up the bus.

Not that he will have been beaten to it by his competitors though. :roll:

Edited for typing errors.
  4. rev up the Outrage train.....
  5. The elusive Mr Parkes should be applauded for his generosity and the guard publicly ridiculed.
  6. No need for the reimbursement of funds:

7. "Tickets please, tickets and railcards please. What's that young man? No this warrant isn't valid here, it's clearly says "via Mildly Annoyed", this is the fast train to Outrage. You'll have to pay the full fare."
  8. Soldiers asked to pay up when travelling with invalid tickets on train? Non-story!

I'm more interested in how their trooper flight had come through Corfu. It didn't happen to break down there did it?
  9. Sorry, I missed that bit :oops:
  10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Apart from the poisonous little railway jobsworth whom I hope the Press will hang out to dry, clearly the MoD had no organisation in place to reissue warrants when flights were diverted.

As to saying the soldiers' costs would be reimbursed, that ignores the fact that they didn't have English money to pay those costs in the first place. Usual obfuscation by MoD jobsworth.
  11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's disgraceful. The attitude of these ticket inspectors these days really gets my goat. I was made to pay full price on a train recently because my Armed Forces Railcard was 3 years out of date due to the fact that I left the mob in 2007. These left wing ticket Nazis have no respect for our brave boys and should sort their attitude out pronto.
  12. Perish the thought! Wash your mouth out, young man ... ahem.
  13. C'mon, you can admit it, the outrage red mist had descended and skewed your vision! :D
  14. I don't think that is actually the case CP, a delayed flight and a rail warrant on the last train home is a pretty reasonable thing to allow, this isn't like the chap without his railcard..