Guard amputee stags on outside Queens gaff.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, Feb 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good for him :D

2. Why shouldn't he? Good drills I say.

3. good to see fantastic news in todays climate. That brave young soldier is an inspiration to us all Well done Scott!

4. Good effort that man!

5. Great to see, well done and good on him. But i am just waiting to see the PC brigade now complain because they call him hoppy. Civi's just dont understand our humour.

6. This article should be stapled to the forehead of every waster on incapacity benefit! Its not about what you can't do but what you can.

Both thumbs up to the stout fellow!

7. People like that make you feel humble, he accomplishes more just by having the guts to fight through his wounds and do his job then I accomplish all day. RESPECT!

8. Can only concur with all the sentiments here...well done him!

9. Guardsmen eh? F*cking top notch.

Well done that lad, you show 'em son.

10. What everyone else has said, plus, hats off to the Guards for making it possible. Wells dones all round.

11. Soldier becomes first amputee to guard Queen

Grenadier Guard Scott Blaney who lost a leg in Afghanistan has become the first amputee to go on Queen's Guard duty, protecting the Tower of London.

The 22-year-old stood sentry in the famous bearskin cap less than two years after being injured by a bomb blast that killed one of his colleagues.

Guardsman Blaney from Nuneaton, Warwickshire, now hopes to return with his regiment to Afghanistan as well as represent Britain at the London 2012 Paralympics.

Describing his return to ceremonial work, he said: "It made me feel really proud to be back on duty and serving my country."

The soldier, who walks with the aid of a false limb and is jokingly called "Hoppy" by his army friends, told The Sun: "I slipped very slightly on the icy cobbles but was able to recover my footing and I don't think anyone noticed.

"I did my full two hour rota split into shifts and I can't wait to do it again."

cont/...

12. Been done here:
    here

13. Good show. Well done that man!

I wonder how many people will be offended on his behalf once they find out his nickname of hoppy?

14. msr

msr LE

And how many others will ask why disabled people can't join in the first place?