guantanamo bay protest in SL

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by the_butler, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Along with a free jumpsuit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Just a few more shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. I looked everywhere for fencing like that for the fibua! see if you can blag some butler - and one of them guard towers

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have my doubts about Gitmo. Its a bit like MOTORMAN, tactically it makes sense to lock up the bad guys and hide the key if not throw it away, but strategically its giving up the moral high ground.

On the other hand when I look at the ragbag of usual suspects who are against Gitmo I find my self with a gut feeling of 'if they're agin' it, I'm for it'.

I don't have the answer, what do you do with these very dangerous prisoners?

5. Apparently the oldesr resident of gitmo is 90 and the youngest 15 and only 5% of its occupants were captured by the americans. The rest were all bought from other countries.

6. Can anyone make me a "Save Guantanamo Bay" sign? Its only right to represent both sides :)

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Being 90 or 15 does not make them cuddly and innocent.

I would imagine the 95% who were not captured by the Yanks have probably had a lucky break. No doubt the default setting for those that did the capturing with regard to prisoners is torture followed by death. And by torture I mean electrodes to the nuts, beatings, crushings and general infliction of pain and suffering not the human rights brigades definition of interview without coffee.

8. Gents. If you want to discuss the politics of gitmo can you take it to CA please. I'm locking this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.