Guam B2 crash video

#1
The USAF has released some video footage of the B2 accident in Guam in Feb this year.

B2 accident

(Its the second aircaft taking off from about 1 min 30)

They stayed with it for quite a while before banging out. 8O
 
#4
Has put me off going to biggin Hill a little -seriously. Big bang.
Mr Dep; wear a hat.

Im not sure if they know why it crashed yet.

Baseplate, Mr Dep can obviously see it. Must be a snag your end? If you cant, just google 'B2 crash Guam'.
 
#6
EX_STAB: thanks for that.

TLF: as you say, the brave/very silly crew stayed with that waaaaay too long.

Did you hear the scream at the end? That'll be the crew chief, I suspect :twisted:
 
#7
This is why it crashed:

http://www.airforce-magazine.com/DRArchive/Pages/2008/May 2008/May 19 2008/B-2CrashCause.aspx

The skin-flush sensors, which collect information about air pressure and density, much like a pitot tube on a conventional aircraft, provide angle-of-attack and yaw data to the B-2’s computerized flight control system. After heavy, lashing rains, water got into the sensors and caused them to give faulty readings to the flight control system, the official said. As a result, the aircraft’s computers determined—based on the bogus data—that the aircraft was in an improper attitude and corrected automatically. The B-2 made a sudden pitch-up and yaw that was not commanded by the pilot. The aircraft quickly stalled, became unrecoverable, and the crew of two ejected.
 
#8
Cheers for that HVM.

Bugger letting Bill Gates and his cronies decide how to let my cab fly! Technology can never overcome physics. Physics will always win not matter how much you try to fool it. :roll:
 
#11
HVM_Boy said:
This is why it crashed:

http://www.airforce-magazine.com/DRArchive/Pages/2008/May 2008/May 19 2008/B-2CrashCause.aspx

The skin-flush sensors, which collect information about air pressure and density, much like a pitot tube on a conventional aircraft, provide angle-of-attack and yaw data to the B-2’s computerized flight control system. After heavy, lashing rains, water got into the sensors and caused them to give faulty readings to the flight control system, the official said. As a result, the aircraft’s computers determined—based on the bogus data—that the aircraft was in an improper attitude and corrected automatically. The B-2 made a sudden pitch-up and yaw that was not commanded by the pilot. The aircraft quickly stalled, became unrecoverable, and the crew of two ejected.
Thats what they were bound to say :roll:
[tinfoil hat on] Take another watch of that youtube clip.
Go to 1:58 -1:59 you can see big lumps falling off the plane!

Or maybe those bits where being shot off!! :!: [removes tinfoil hat]

Fcuking expensive bit of rain that then :)
 
#12
Steven said:
HVM_Boy said:
This is why it crashed:

http://www.airforce-magazine.com/DRArchive/Pages/2008/May 2008/May 19 2008/B-2CrashCause.aspx

The skin-flush sensors, which collect information about air pressure and density, much like a pitot tube on a conventional aircraft, provide angle-of-attack and yaw data to the B-2’s computerized flight control system. After heavy, lashing rains, water got into the sensors and caused them to give faulty readings to the flight control system, the official said. As a result, the aircraft’s computers determined—based on the bogus data—that the aircraft was in an improper attitude and corrected automatically. The B-2 made a sudden pitch-up and yaw that was not commanded by the pilot. The aircraft quickly stalled, became unrecoverable, and the crew of two ejected.
Thats what they were bound to say :roll:
[tinfoil hat on] Take another watch of that youtube clip.
Go to 1:58 -1:59 you can see big lumps falling off the plane!

Or maybe those bits where being shot off!! :!: [removes tinfoil hat]

Fcuking expensive bit of rain that then :)
I see what you mean at 1:58-1:59 on the Youtube vid, I havn't checked the accidentreport but it looks like they lose one or both starboard engines at (over!)rotation? There appear to be a few large puffs of smoke from the inlets, upper extra inlets and exhaust just as it rotates. Compressor stall, poss. due to the dirty air?
 
#13
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Cheers for that HVM.

Bugger letting Bill Gates and his cronies decide how to let my cab fly! Technology can never overcome physics. Physics will always win not matter how much you try to fool it. :roll:
Never mind all that you faggoty poof. You're out of a job soon anyway. Check this out.....

Flashfart's Nemesis.
 
#14
Storeman Norman said:
Never mind all that you faggoty poof. You're out of a job soon anyway. Check this out.....

Flashfart's Nemesis.
I'm all for all mil aircraft becoming pilotless.

I'll only be out of a job when fat rich executives want to fly in a UAV to Silverstone or the Grand National. :wink:



(Or if the drug cartels switch to UAVs)
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top