GSR

Thess

Swinger
Which side is the Haversack worn?

Left or right leg?

actionman76

Old-Salt
Doesn't specifiy in JSP 926 however all the illustrations show it being carried on the left hand side.
The key is that it is readily available and you can get your respirator properly on and in the alloted time.

Normally the left, as that favours right handers.
Left hand opens the haversack, right hand grasps respirator by Louvre cover and puts it on your face. Left hand is then free to adjust harness.
It would probably work in reverse if you are southpaw.

Thess

Swinger
Normally the left, as that favours right handers.
Left hand opens the haversack, right hand grasps respirator by Louvre cover and puts it on your face. Left hand is then free to adjust harness.
It would probably work in reverse if you are southpaw.
Thanks everyone, it did feel more natural on the left leg but I didn't want to that FNG who needs everything adjusted.

Mattb

LE
Use the MOLLE straps to attach it upside down to the elastic of your helmet cover, so that you just undo the zip and lid and it falls straight onto your face.

It's what all the SF guys are doing, trust me

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Back in the block.
Saves all that fumbling

Thess

Swinger
Use the MOLLE straps to attach it upside down to the elastic of your helmet cover, so that you just undo the zip and lid and it falls straight onto your face.

It's what all the SF guys are doing, trust me

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.
Perfect answer, except we are not issued with a helmet... And if I did, that's where we keep the left handed mallet

Mattb

LE
Everyone's issued with a helmet, but if you're not Jewish then you may have to look a little closer for it.

Why would you want to keep it in its haversack anyway?
The true gas fetishist wears it all the time, along with overboots and gloves outer. ...and a posing pouch.

Latest Threads