GSM Alec Drummond

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by fairy_nuff, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have looked on Arrse and can't see it posted, so will ask the question, has anyone else read that GSM Alec Drummond has died of a brain tumor? Read it on another site quoting Coldstream Guards website but can't get on to that. Can anyone confirm?

2. Yes it's true.... 'Black' Alec Dumon is no longer with us....

WO1 (GSM) Alexander Dumon MVO MBE, Coldstream Guards

3. Thanks HG, that's sad news, bet the angels are sh1tting themselves with him up there

4. DRUMMOND ?????

GSM "Black" Alec Dumon !

Sorry had to do that..........The man was a Legend and a Coldstreamer !

Rest in peace Sir....Nulli Secundus !

His Funeral is in Southend on Sea on Wednesday the 19th of Jan !

5. That's sad news. I had probably my best bollocking ever from that man.

I also well remember a rehearsal for a tri-service Guard of Honour: the band was supplied by the Scots Guards and something was not right and offended the great man's eye. Across Wellington Barracks, across St James's Park and beyond, the cry came, 'Drum Major! Pass me that drummer and strike him from your roll!'.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Reminds me of the old joke:

Crusty old Colonel dies and reports to the Pearly Gates. St Pete welcomes him but the Col says "I will only come in if there are no RSMs - I got a really hard time from my RSM when I was a Bn CO." St Pete says "It;s OK, we have no RSMs here, they have all gone to that place down below." Col "Thank goodness for that" and goes in.

A short time later he comes running back to St Pete and says "I thought you said there were no RSMs here yet I just saw one!" St Pete says "That is not an RSM, that is only God. He just wants to be an RSM!"

Baboom tish. Theng yew, I am here all week.

7. sad news and a great loss.

8. The world just got emptier.