GS Land Rover Replacement?

Last edited:
Lovely.

I believe its only Euro IV compliant, hence not available in europe.
It isn't friendly enough to the environment to be sold here.
Yes, but we have Jackal for that sort of caper. I'm talking about the hundreds of Wolf TUM/TUL/FFR that need replacing.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

If your going toi go that route
Ford ranger is Amorok size but has a 130s payload
Hi Lux or Shogun if you dont want to go that big

I suspect the new defender wont be rugged and adaptable enough would be happy to be proven wrong though

Edit - could the UK even buy it from Argentina - I cant see them being enamoured with the idea of selling lots of green painted things to a country who conspires with half the world to ensure they cannot purchase anything more military looking than a swiss army knfe

Being a commercial vehicle operator, VW is just about the last commercial vehicle I would buy. Utter dog toffee

The Nissan Navara/Mercedes X Class (same vehicle) aren't the toughest think on earth

Mitsubishi L200/Fiat Fullback (same vehicle again) a bit agricultural but okay

Toyota Hilux, personally I think they are utter shit but the whole world seems to like them.

Ford Ranger. As much as it pains me to say it, they aren't horrifically bad

Reality is that a crew cab pick up is fine for white fleet, not really the tool for green.

Yes, but we have Jackal for that sort of caper. I'm talking about the hundreds of Wolf TUM/TUL/FFR that need replacing.

Still can't operate it in europe as a new buy.
Unless the post Brexit UK wakes up and realises that euro emissions standards aren't as environmentally sound as we are told they are and bins them off. Can't see that happening though

Still can't operate it in europe as a new buy.
Unless the post Brexit UK wakes up and realises that euro emissions standards aren't as environmentally sound as we are told they are and bins them off. Can't see that happening though
Trouble is anyone promoting non EU compliant diesel vehicles no matter what the actuality of the standards in the current climate (boom boom....) is not going to get very far.
Given the procurement cycles, fleet through life and pronouncements of bring electric in early, I think it will just go to the wall before any one makes a decison.
The decison then made will be pants

Trouble is anyone promoting non EU compliant diesel vehicles no matter what the actuality of the standards in the current climate (boom boom....) is not going to get very far.
Given the procurement cycles, fleet through life and pronouncements of bring electric in early, I think it will just go to the wall before any one makes a decison.
The decison then made will be pants
Tithonus Mark II.......

Being a commercial vehicle operator, VW is just about the last commercial vehicle I would buy. Utter dog toffee

The Nissan Navara/Mercedes X Class (same vehicle) aren't the toughest think on earth

Mitsubishi L200/Fiat Fullback (same vehicle again) a bit agricultural but okay

Toyota Hilux, personally I think they are utter shit but the whole world seems to like them.

Ford Ranger. As much as it pains me to say it, they aren't horrifically bad

Reality is that a crew cab pick up is fine for white fleet, not really the tool for green.
Interesting you mention ford, The Ford Everest is the basis for their new VT4 (though it has an ACMAT logo on it)
First VT4 Vehicles Now In French Service - Joint Forces News
French Ministry of Defense ordered 1,200 Arquus VT4 light tactical vehicles | September 2018 Global Defense Security army news industry | Defense Security global news industry army 2018 | Archive News year
French_Ministry_of_Defense_Second_order_of_1200_ARQUUS_VT4_light_tactical_vehicles_925_001.jpg

It seems crazy to me that the military are subject to emissions regulations, after all fast jets aren't expected to be quiet?
Also there are precious few military vehicles in the great scheme of things.

It seems crazy to me that the military are subject to emissions regulations, after all fast jets aren't expected to be quiet?
Also there are precious few military vehicles in the great scheme of things.
Come March next year we can decide that for ourselves........
Military vehicles used to be exempt but I don't think they are now on new build

TULs were cast a few years ago and I am sure I read somewhere they are looking for another 10 years out of the Wolf TUMs. They are still modding them by the looks of things - I passed a couple on the M25 the other day and they had rear swing wheel mounts on the back by the looks of things. Health and Safety I guess!!

TULs were cast a few years ago and I am sure I read somewhere they are looking for another 10 years out of the Wolf TUMs. They are still modding them by the looks of things - I passed a couple on the M25 the other day and they had rear swing wheel mounts on the back by the looks of things. Health and Safety I guess!!
Ten more years? Spares are going to get pretty expensive, unless the manpower shrinks in line with the number of vehicles left serviceable.

Ten more years? Spares are going to get pretty expensive, unless the manpower shrinks in line with the number of vehicles left serviceable.

There are very, very few Land Rover spares not still being manufactured at very sensible prices. I can't see that changing much

ugly

LE
Lovely.

I believe its only Euro IV compliant, hence not available in europe.
It isn't friendly enough to the environment to be sold here.
Perhaps after leaving the Eu we can buy some!

Perhaps after leaving the Eu we can buy some!
That would be nice wouldn't it....
Along with removing EU enforced speed limiters of HGV's

Sadly, with the likes of that moron Kahn running London we will continue to pursue environmentally deranged policies rather than really environmentally sound ideas.

Come the ULEZ in London next April I will have to replace the perfectly servicable vehicle I send in to central London 7 nights a week with something newer to satisfy Mr Kahns misguided idiocy.