GRT Days ?

Hello everyone,

I've a question about GRT I'm near the end of my last year I'm out in March, I've got a job application and I've got an assessment day, heres my problem my unit wants me to be away for a week in the uk the same week as my assessment day, doing a mediocre take over of vehicles, not an operational commitment, my question is can they stop me using my grt days if it's for a job, I've heard they can't stop you, if it's important, once I miss this assessment day it's another year until the next one it's pretty much game over for that job, cheers if you can help me .

Hello everyone,

I've a question about GRT I'm near the end of my last year I'm out in March, I've got a job application and I've got an assessment day, heres my problem my unit wants me to be away for a week in the uk the same week as my assessment day, doing a mediocre take over of vehicles, not an operational commitment, my question is can they stop me using my grt days if it's for a job, I've heard they can't stop you, if it's important, once I miss this assessment day it's another year until the next one it's pretty much game over for that job, cheers if you can help me .
Have you looked up the current regulations in the JSP?

Negative I can't find the jsp anywhere and I'm on leave and this needs booked asap otherwise it will be full and I'll lose a spot and sit on a waiting list

@Blacky998 Paragraphs 0406-0411 may also be of assistance.

Using a quick keyword search, it doesn't describe the 'operational reasons only' clause you were relying on.

If it can wait in any way until your Monday, I'd speak to your chain of command first; looks like they can indeed require you to be elsewhere.

You could ring the duty officer/SNCO? Or see if there's anyone else who can do the task for you (your abscence is more likely to be approved if you can provide a solution to the problem when you ring the duty officer).

If you've banged your GRT in, and it's not urgent then they will have to have a strong case to stop you. If you haven't banged your GRT in, you're fucked!

Get your IERO on the case ASAP.

Also Para 379 might be useful.

. Refusal to Authorise Attendance on Resettlement Activities
In the event of the CO, or delegated officer, declining to authorise a resettlement activity, the
relevant MOD Form 363 or 363T is to be retained, as supporting evidence, for any
subsequent claim by the SL to extend his period of service in order to complete his
GRT entitlement.

Last edited: