Growth in eye socket - medical advice please

Folks, my wife came home complaining of a sore eye. Right in the corner is what looks like a stye to me, but minus the white core. Or a zit with no inner bit. Anyone able to offer advice? I’m like “go to the fkn doctor”, but I don’t know if that would be the eye doctor, or the GP (as it’s not in the actual eye). Last time I had an eye infection, I was right down to the eye doctor, and he was on it, grateful that I’d pitched in so early when I knew it wasn’t right. This doesn’t look right to me.

Any steers/experience gratefully received. Apols for posting in the Int Cell, but I could do with some G2 on what this might be!

44E9D61C-6C4A-4D11-BEB6-05FA0DFD303D.jpeg

It's not something you should take a chance on, get her to see her GP ASAP

Go to the Doctor, don't fxxk about when it comes to your eyes.
Or, in the spirit of Arrse, stab it with a needle, wash with bleach, then send regular photo updates of it getting worse

You didn’t say whether her eye is itching and watering, but if that’s the case, as a first aid action get some Chloramphenicol eye drops or ointment, which is the standard antibiotic treatment for an eye infection over here.

That said, if it doesn’t subside or improve after a few days of application get along to your nearest ophthalmologist.

Growth in eye socket? Get a bigger eye?

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Go to the GP (or eye doctor if you can) tout suite.

It probably is something benign, like a popped stye, but better to be on the safe side.

TractorStats

Old-Salt
I get styes fairly regularly as does my son who has one right now (same genetically dry eyes obviously). They tend to keep growing fairly quickly and markedly more swollen over a few days. They never really get a 'head' so much though. Standard advice given by GP to my son was use a hot compress held on the eye lid until it draws the infection up the surface and it bursts plus some antibiotic drops or ointment.

However, if its been going on for more than a week and it has not changed much you she needs to go and see a GP for a closer examination.

Ecosse

On ROPS
On ROPs
GP ASAP. as said.
My wife had something similar..blocked tear duct or summat.;
It'll be, in all probability, benign anyway...but uncomfortable
Better live coward then a dead hero.
My suspicion is she may be showing early signs of malnutrition and needs regularily fed better.;);)

Keep poking it with a dirty finger and tell her to use the other eye!

Seriously though, why are you even asking for advice on ARRSE. Get her to your GP ASAP.

Write to the "Dear Doctor" page at the Sunday papers and hope she can still see to read when your letter gets published.

Go and see a Doctor,
for some relief try a little (two drops) Johnsons baby shampoo in an eye bath with warm water, wife was advised to do this for irritation after both her cataract ops
sounds bollox, but really does seem to work , son gets pretty bad inflammation with hay fever does this and it is pretty instantaneous as far as itchiness goes

anglo

LE
Folks, my wife came home complaining of a sore eye. Right in the corner is what looks like a stye to me, but minus the white core. Or a zit with no inner bit. Anyone able to offer advice? I’m like “go to the fkn doctor”, but I don’t know if that would be the eye doctor, or the GP (as it’s not in the actual eye). Last time I had an eye infection, I was right down to the eye doctor, and he was on it, grateful that I’d pitched in so early when I knew it wasn’t right. This doesn’t look right to me.

Any steers/experience gratefully received. Apols for posting in the Int Cell, but I could do with some G2 on what this might be!

View attachment 664113

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
If you can't immediately get to see a doctor then an opthalmist.

Mine noticed that my tear glands were getting clogged at my last check. Easy to treat at this stage.

But in any case, the worst that an opthalmist can do is tell you to go and see a doctor!

Latest Threads