Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growth Hornone

Andi A

Crow
Hi
Not in the forces, just quick couple of questions.

1 Does the CDT pick up Growth Hormone?

2 At what part of the selection process does the military drugs test a candidate?

Regards

Andi

slick

LE
A quick answer would be....

1 Yes

2 The tests are conducted at random, or if they suspect an individual of taking a substance

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I still want to know what a "hornone" is...

Andi A

Crow
Im aware once in the services CDT is random, but i am asking at what point in the recruitment process are the candidates tested?

Hi
Not in the forces, just quick couple of questions.

1 Does the CDT pick up Growth Hormone?

2 At what part of the selection process does the military drugs test a candidate?

Regards

Andi
Assuming you are serious: drug use is forbidden. The illegal ones of course, but lots of others, including steroids and enhancement hormones.
Bottom line is - if your doctor is not prescribing it, you are not taking it.
Taking stuff other than prescribed will not let you join, and not let you continue.
The very best did what they did/carry on doing on cookhouse scran, and the will to go further.

Andi A

Crow
My friend im not in the services and never will be, im merely asking as i know a person who is and is a cocky shit. He arrgues the test wont pick it up and has just joined.

My friend im not in the services and never will be, im merely asking as i know a person who is and is a cocky shit. He arrgues the test wont pick it up and has just joined.
He's in for a shock. 100% of people who fail CDT and get booted thought that they could beat the system.

100% of people who fail CDT and get booted thought that they could beat the system.

Because the people who plan and execute CDTs are clearly all morons. Whereas those who take drugs/other illicit substances are really clever people, far cleverer than ... err, hang on, I'm confused.

Maybe another bong hit will clear things up.

estwist

Old-Salt
They dont test in the "selection process" but in basic, tests are random. Same as at any unit.

Because the people who plan and execute CDTs are clearly all morons. Whereas those who take drugs/other illicit substances are really clever people, far cleverer than ... err, hang on, I'm confused.

Maybe another bong hit will clear things up.

The CDT team used to use the dyke mafia to fanny watch in Gutersloh, then couldnt work out why they werent catching any females despite alleged widespread ecstasy use.

The detection of GH misuse is challenging because it is an endogenous hormone. It is difficult to detect in urine, less than 1% of that found in blood, and the blood tests to detect HGH (Somatropin/Humatrope), would in my opinion, be overly complex, and cost prohibitive to the military. However, the Badge will pick up on it when he is unable to stand correctly to attention as a result of the severe scoliosis that unsupervised use of Somatropin can cause.

Latest Threads