Grow up.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Snail, Apr 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Everyone just take a step back and realise what you are doing.

You are trashing this place.

Pack it in.

• Like Like x 18
  2. who started it?

3. It does seem to be that every thread, no matter what the initial subject, does turn into a free-for-all bun fight.
    I mostly stop reading threads after about 4 pages because it is just the same yadda yadda yadda.

4. I was quite enjoying the site descending into anarchy; I wanted to be part of the anarchy myself but I didn't know the rules or who was in charge.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Their site, their rules.

• Like Like x 2
  6. You Westpoint...you

7. sockpuppets.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. One popular opinion is that Westpoint (and his cohort of alternative accounts) has been a major catalyst.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Exactly.

10. I dont think it has a lot to do with what the CO's are doing as dale states its their gig, its the way certain MOD's not all I hasten to add are reacting to the personalities on this site rather than the infraction.

11. I have been here long enough for my opinion to count for much but here it is anyway:

I am not suggesting there has been a sense of humour failure amongst the Admins, it is their train set and the rules are very clear. Over the last few days however, people got a little giddy after people started getting binned and it has all spiralled ever since. We lost a few of our funniest members and as such ARRSE lost some of its character and familiarity. This might have led to members losing some sense of ownership and like a chav on a council estate trashed all they see. The admin's authority in these matters must be respected but I feel as though it would be a favourable outcome if we used this as an opportunity to draw a very deep line in the sand, invited those good eggs back with a very red rear end and a damn good talking to - and see if we can not make a go of this. ARRSE is only ARRSE because of the people and I feel unless there is some reconciliation it won't ever be quite the same again. That is bad for the members, the Admins and the advertisers.

I admit to having made wise cracks in Current Affairs threads that belonged in the NAFFI and shall refrain from doing so in future.

• Like Like x 3
  12. It's mushroom syndrome. In order to maintain calm may I suggest a statement be made by the COs saying why certain people have been banned and what the rest of us can do to avoid a ban. I've been a member for 6 years, don't think if this site keeps going the way it is I'll make it to 7.

Sent from my iPad using ARRSE app 'cause I can.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Im glad Dale spoke out, it wasnt that long ago she was getting banned/warned, having GCO write about her for crayoning all over their site, but she has learnt, so shall we

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't see what's so bad about it. I'm sipping an '03 Pomerol and being diverted by the spectacle of a bunch of middle-aged belmers chucking their turds around a virtual playpen.

In a couple of days they'll all run out of Sunny Delight and things will return to normal levels of social abnormality.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Hmmm paranoia seems to be setting in.

Basically, some rules, which have always been there, are now being policed. Not much has changed. So, as the WW2 poster advised: Keep calm and carry on.

FFS what am I a fucking psychologist?