• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Grow up.

It does seem to be that every thread, no matter what the initial subject, does turn into a free-for-all bun fight.
I mostly stop reading threads after about 4 pages because it is just the same yadda yadda yadda.

T

Tinman74

I dont think it has a lot to do with what the CO's are doing as dale states its their gig, its the way certain MOD's not all I hasten to add are reacting to the personalities on this site rather than the infraction.

M

Mr_Tigger

I have been here long enough for my opinion to count for much but here it is anyway:

I am not suggesting there has been a sense of humour failure amongst the Admins, it is their train set and the rules are very clear. Over the last few days however, people got a little giddy after people started getting binned and it has all spiralled ever since. We lost a few of our funniest members and as such ARRSE lost some of its character and familiarity. This might have led to members losing some sense of ownership and like a chav on a council estate trashed all they see. The admin's authority in these matters must be respected but I feel as though it would be a favourable outcome if we used this as an opportunity to draw a very deep line in the sand, invited those good eggs back with a very red rear end and a damn good talking to - and see if we can not make a go of this. ARRSE is only ARRSE because of the people and I feel unless there is some reconciliation it won't ever be quite the same again. That is bad for the members, the Admins and the advertisers.

I admit to having made wise cracks in Current Affairs threads that belonged in the NAFFI and shall refrain from doing so in future.

It's mushroom syndrome. In order to maintain calm may I suggest a statement be made by the COs saying why certain people have been banned and what the rest of us can do to avoid a ban. I've been a member for 6 years, don't think if this site keeps going the way it is I'll make it to 7.

Sent from my iPad using ARRSE app 'cause I can.

Im glad Dale spoke out, it wasnt that long ago she was getting banned/warned, having GCO write about her for crayoning all over their site, but she has learnt, so shall we

I don't see what's so bad about it. I'm sipping an '03 Pomerol and being diverted by the spectacle of a bunch of middle-aged belmers chucking their turds around a virtual playpen.

In a couple of days they'll all run out of Sunny Delight and things will return to normal levels of social abnormality.

Hmmm paranoia seems to be setting in.

Basically, some rules, which have always been there, are now being policed. Not much has changed. So, as the WW2 poster advised: Keep calm and carry on.

FFS what am I a fucking psychologist?

The last couple of months have just got ridiculous though. Ok, squaddie banter is squaddie banter. For the vast minority on this site that have actually served / are serving, we all know whats its like to sit in the squadron bar / naafi and shoot the shit and have a laugh, but on the site, it's not banter any more. It's muppets trying to outdo each other to be the most abusive, the rudest, the vilest and what have you just for the sake of it, and because it's the internet and because your anonimity of sitting behind a keyboard lets you do it.

No matter how many of the internet hardmen give it the big one, 99% wouldn't say anything like they do on here to someones face, so feckin pack it in! It's not big, it's not funny and it's got feckin boring.

Someone tries to start a decent thread, and it starts going well, then by page 3, the usual dicks with their usual unfunny shit ruin it. For what?
One thing I think is part of the problem is this "likes" system. Too many are just typing utter drivel, and I think its all to do with how many likes they can get.
As Snail says, grow the fuck up before this site is totally trashed.

by gum, calm down ffs. stop all these hysterical threads. So a few people got out of order and got banned, no need to get all upset about it, those banned may be back or maybe not. This is not real life people, this is a place for people to come and talk about current events, tell a few jokes, spout off about crap they want, get outraged about something, embarrass themselves by thinking they know about a certain subject when they don't etc etc. What needs to be said has already been said by GCO.

Latest Threads