Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds Group Build - The War in the Desert 1941 - 1943

The British Armour Smeggers has listed is throughout the war, so worthwhile checking before rushing to build out of that list and sticking it on its sandpaper base.

I only noticed because of the Sexton. It didn’t arrive in the UK until 1943 and first saw service in Italy 1944. Then it would most likely be the Sexton II.

When Simmerit started his models thing for Headley Court I got a little involved and out of the 100+ kits sent to HC the Sexton II caught my eye. I’ve managed to get 1 wheel/bogey assembly together (and I‘ve probably got that wrong). I will need some guidance as I have no experience of building, but need something to do. I just need to sort out a space before I start a HELP thread.

The British Armour Smeggers has listed is throughout the war, so worthwhile checking before rushing to build out of that list and sticking it on its sandpaper base.

I only noticed because of the Sexton. It didn’t arrive in the UK until 1943 and first saw service in Italy 1944. Then it would most likely be the Sexton II.

When Simmerit started his models thing for Headley Court I got a little involved and out of the 100+ kits sent to HC the Sexton II caught my eye. I’ve managed to get 1 wheel/bogey assembly together (and I‘ve probably got that wrong). I will need some guidance as I have no experience of building, but need something to do. I just need to sort out a space before I start a HELP thread.
start your thread, we'll all chip in.

digging deep into my stash before I bought the Tamiya 1/48 ME109 Trop, I found this, could fit the bill for a second retro build in 1/72 scale.
Dewoitine D520C  .jpg

Dewoitine D520C  A.jpg

Dewoitine D520C  B.jpg

ah the good ole days, a kit for 21p.
Dewoitine D520C  C.jpg

Chef

LE

It was the Crocodile that got me to read the heading on that poster.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not in the southern hemisphere.
Or half of the northern hemisphere.

And not in Germany for about 20 years.

There's a thread discussing it somewhere.

Daz

LE
I wonder if Eduard does an interior, and other parts, like an engine. I'm on a roll with destroyed kit, but it does require exposed parts you wouldn't otherwise see.
Apart from the instrument panel & a set of seat belts, most of the rest would be hidden anyway

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
excellent Smeggers, but what is that! Italian bottom row second from the left, everyday on Arrse.....
p1.jpg

The Semovente M.41 M da 90/53 was the most powerful of the Italian tank destroyers, and used the 90-mm (3.54-in) anti-aircraft gun mounted on an M. 15/42 tank chassis.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
British Vehicles in Africa:

3f7591dc5b7764fb378ff9c6f3e45712.jpg
f2dec190470e7a19d80fcb56427e4cf1.jpg

9e9f98abf07e6e6d75dfb284cdca3f1c.jpg
2aa9ff784697e149bdb3b6d886e50941--british-tanks-british-army (1).jpg

5ba7df4c-0183-11e6-9ed0-b8b9b1145ef5.jpg

The list is not exhaustive, but also starred:the
AEC ACV "Dorchester"
Albion 30cwt
Austin K2Y Ambulance (Ice Cold in Alex)
Austin K6
Bedford MWC, MWD, QLB,QLR,QLT
Commer Q2 (RAF Recovery)Car
Dodge Staff Car
Ford Fordor Staff Car
Fordson WOT2, WOT3 (RAF),WOT6,
Guy FABXJeep
Humber 4x4 FFW, Ambulance
Humber Snipe FFW, Staff Car
Karrier K6 (Indian Units)
Leyland Retriever
Morris FAT
Morris Commercial PU8, C4, C8 CSDW
Scammell Pioneer, Tank Transporter, Recovery
Willy's Jeep

there may be others!

Attachments

• 5ba7df4c-0183-11e6-9ed0-b8b9b1145ef5.jpg
    5ba7df4c-0183-11e6-9ed0-b8b9b1145ef5.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 9

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I searched high and low for French soldiers and equipment, finally found this....
frz-Soldaten-kapitulieren.jpg
blitzkrieg-europe-1940-ww2-second-world-war-illustrated-history-pictures-photos-images-french-...jpg
d27a3b9e4a97d810de71173e3163b049.jpg
cartoon.gif

I'll definately be participating in this group build. If I can ever figure out how to upload the pixy photos!

I’ve finished!!

just got the figures to do

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

You'll probably still finish it before the Wokka is done

Latest Threads