Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds Group Build - The War in the Desert 1941 - 1943

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This arrived on my doorstep this morning. Funny looking truck or is it an Armoured Gun truck?
s-l640.jpg

I may build it just for the hell of it.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
She’s had me moving furniture around all day so I’ve not managed to make a start on the Wokka, but the rest of my bits for the Mat turned up today.

E5095C16-B61B-4C1E-8CA0-034948D951C9.jpeg

think the pots I got are a tad big!

B77CF014-B529-460C-924B-F771833CA6A1.jpeg

E2FEDEF0-8812-4423-ABAB-2272752493CA.jpeg

and
66EDC2CE-A609-40D1-864B-4DF4E5281FB5.jpeg

these are the blokes I’m planning to use to make my gunners.

What’s the battle plan? Are we supposed to start a thread for tour build or put the build in here?

She’s had me moving furniture around all day so I’ve not managed to make a start on the Wokka, but the rest of my bits for the Mat turned up today.

View attachment 540009
think the pots I got are a tad big!

View attachment 540010
View attachment 540011
and
View attachment 540012
these are the blokes I’m planning to use to make my gunners.

What’s the battle plan? Are we supposed to start a thread for tour build or put the build in here?

I used some of the above in 1:48 - the detail and spares are impressive - however, would gunners have had exactly the same webbing as infantry (entrenching tool, bayonets etc) also - did they use the No4 SMLE in N. Africa/Italy?

I used some of the above in 1:48 - the detail and spares are impressive - however, would gunners have had exactly the same webbing as infantry (entrenching tool, bayonets etc) also - did they use the No4 SMLE in N. Africa/Italy?
The webbing will be taken off with a dremel. These lads are having greatcoats on as it’s winter. No webbing in site.

Im assuming everyone would have carried and SMLE but I will stand corrected if anyone knows what drop shorts would have been armed with

Last edited:
Gentlemen if you go to Imperial War Museum, Photo Archive. You’ll find all the stuff you need. Such as these. It looks like our boys in Nth Africa used the No4 SMLE.
22FBBDFB-9E1A-478E-B82C-C31D8BA4ACF9.jpeg
B486861D-B77A-47AE-90FD-CE90E36F43A0.jpeg
1AB25FF5-58E5-412C-9719-1E4FE58089DA.jpeg
D448E017-3EF2-4D07-A10C-ADD9DDC7FD55.jpeg
01D0347D-2A4A-48A5-A096-6035CB8947CD.jpeg

Daz

LE
How long have we got for this group build, or is the aim just to finish before the Wicca?
I think you mean the Wokka, Wicca services are generally shorter than Si's Wokka build by a number of years .....thankfully for the congregation :)

The end date is June I believe, for the Group build rather than the Wokka

I think you mean the Wokka, Wicca services are generally shorter than Si's Wokka build by a number of years .....thankfully for the congregation :)

Thank you, yes I did mean Wokka, teach me to read my posts before posting.

Thank you, yes I did mean Wokka, teach me to read my posts before posting.

OC Domestic had my shifting furniture around all day yesterday and I'm completely knackered today, and I have to do a couple of hours of the worky thing unfortunately.

Wokka will be picked up today and I was going to get organised to finish the Mat. I should be able to run both in parallel and complete the Wokka in 12-16 weeks I reckon.

Are we running up separate build threads for the war in the desert?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer