Ground Floor Thinking

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bakerlite, Sep 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Extract from (Chatham House) 2009 Annual Defence Lecture given by
    General Sir David Richards, Chief of the General Staff:

My edit, italics and bold. Thanks to Fozzy for the link.

Seriously awsome idea, because what young Afghan families really need are Bungalows . Think of the advantages:

1. Bungalows are not surrounded by a 15ft. wall.

2. Bungalow owners spend the week-end mowing the lawn and washing the car, not shooting at SF camping in the public lavatories.

So what do you think?

B

2. Nice thoughts but the majority of bungalow owners also read the Daily Mail and I think that AFG has enough problems without the CGS or anyone else converting them into a nation of Daily Mail readers.

3. I live in a bungalow and I think the Daily Mail is pants.

4. Which is probably why I used the word majority!

5. The thing about getting the young lads hitched is that we'd have to make sure they then had some way to feed the resulting nippers that didn't involve picking up a gun for the highest bidder or local warlord. Given the poppy eradication fiasco, even spectacular failure in this would be an improvement.

6. Pay each family unit £500pa on the condition that there aren't any incidents in their area.

But stand by for massive inflation, a building boom, a mortgage boom, a baby boom, a bank boom....

and then a recession like no other.

Except ours, of course.

Litotes