Gross public debt

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by danny842003, Jan 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. As stated in a previous thread im still on leave and will be for a good month yet. Was just wondering how do you go about paying off your public debt, rather than paying 4 days wages a month?
    I owe around £1200 that i was overpaid.
  2. You need to write a cheque for the remaining amount and make it payable to HMG 361 (i think) Check with your Administrators, by phone if necessary, and make sure it gets to them (your admin staff that is) in time to get to the Debt Management Cell in APC in time to hit next months pay run (should take about 3 days to get there)

    This will clear your debt and ensure no more is taken from you monthly.

    Just ensure you Administrators write a covering letter and copy it with a copy of the cheque attached, and send it recorded / registered.

    Which I'm sure they will anyway :wink:
  3. Cheers will take my check book back to work with me then. Get myself debt free :)