Gripes and moans.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by JoeyDeacon, Jan 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heres a question for you - You create a site (good one at that) who's content is created by its own members thus driving up impressions and web exposure - you expect a modicum of bad posts which you need to keep in check - so why penalise longer serving members for reacting to bad posts and try to enforce a ROP ?

If it wasn't for the big spats would it not impact on your impressions ? If by your new ROP plan you should have deleted the Princess Production thread - you did'nt - yet it ran out of control for days with the potential of destroying a bone fide businesses reputation - it was deleted in the end but then another series of mini threads had spawned - (the 'which one' thread was ******* funny i must say) - but now you get shirty because someone bleets on about rough justice in the introduce yourself thread? .

And lets not mention the Maddy thread ffs - that got a mention by Hugh Mair on the Grauniad .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Different MODs have different ideas of what is acceptable. One bloke got a warning for using the 'n' word, another got an immediate ban without any notice.

Sort your standards out.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Your alter-ego wasn't binned for using the n word. It was cumulative and requested by a NAAFI Mod.

I guess you must have been a very bad boy.

4. It was. It said 'banned for being racist' when I tried to log on. It wouldn't have been so bad if the posts weren't obviously Tongue in cheek.

5. I agree - some new poster last year kept referring to 'Infantry' as 'Cannon Fodder' - so if that cnut posts again can no one voice an opinion anymore and send him on his way or do we get an ROP instead and let the little cnut continue with his /her abusive and confrontational posts?

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Might have been the straw that broke the camel's back but as I said above, it was asked for due to continual twatiness.

7. You called someone Norwegian?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Did this come from ACFBen by any chance?

The 14 year old hermer who decided he was better educated than the guys in chat and started spouting bullshit mottos he read in some book about daring officer type things?

He was demanding that he dictate the conversation so we demanded that he should **** off.

9. My guess is on that Z something or other.

Not you Zoe. Back to the naughty step for you.

10. Gents, shouldn't this be in the ROPS thread...!

11. Possibly? But since no-one has ever said 'hang in, stop being a dick' how is one to know? At least I've served, which is more than a few on here.

12. *snigger*

See what I did there?