Grip Your PC

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Oct 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

If like me you feel the need to tinker with your PC at every available opportunity the following link will point you to the definitive guide on sorting out Windows XP. I rate this very, very highly and strongly recommend that you follow the stuff contained within it
    Sort out Windows XP!!
  2. Now there's a euphemism if ever I heard one!

In all seriousness, this could save what's left of my sanity as I have tried everything (including Norton, Adaware, SpySweeper, moosoft, pestpatrol, manual registry deletion (nearly pushed me over the edge) repeated swearing and pretty much everything except voodoo) to fix the bug in my PC.....
  3. Bad CO

It is clearly the only thing I truly love........ until next years model (drool, drool).
  4. Hhhmmm... I have no doubt your hard drive 'feels the love'...
  5. linux all the way.....
  6. Bad CO

Oh yes - be aware that you will need to put aside a few hours to do everything on that link! Don't even bother starting if you are on dial up....
  7. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Ohh shes such a flirt. Can you believe it. :D
  8. ah, another one from the dark side :D Any experience with fedora and wireless cards, its driving me up the wall.

9. I have mine linked to receive automatic updates from Microsoft - is this a good thing or am I just plain daft? I have just downloaded service pack 3 for XP and my PC seems to run really well. Any comments from the wise?

10. Its always a good idea to keep your PC updated with the latest patches. Its something Microshaft are getting better at. They are now quite prompt at releasing patches for security exploits, which isnt much to ask as its their software that is flawed and being exploited.

One thing i would do tho, if you have a brand named PC (bought at pc world etc), have a check with the manufacturers website before installing something as major as a service pack. They will list any known issues with the service pack, so your not going in blind.

11. Service Pack 3 eh.................? :? I thought they had only just brought out Service pack 2 :wink:
  12. Ok, ok, so I got it wrong - Service Pack 2 it is. [​IMG]