Griffin tax free in Brighton

johnEXvma

Old-Salt
Thinking of buying a new car soon. Can get a good discount from Griffin using my DDS card. Anyone out there used them?

Zhopa

LE
A bump for this question which seems to have been asked a few times over the years but with nobody volunteering an answer. Has anybody dealt with "Griffin Military and Diplomatic"? Leaving aside the the tax free sales, they have prices for new UK tax paid vehicles which are so good they make me wonder what's the catch.

Any thoughts?

zhopa

A bump for this question which seems to have been asked a few times over the years but with nobody volunteering an answer. Has anybody dealt with "Griffin Military and Diplomatic"? Leaving aside the the tax free sales, they have prices for new UK tax paid vehicles which are so good they make me wonder what's the catch.

Any thoughts?

zhopa
I bought ONE from them, just the one for a reason

Zhopa

LE

Thank you for sharing... once again with subtitles for the hard of thinking please? Did you buy one for a reason, or did you buy never again for a reason? (Basically are they good or bad?)

Zhopa

LE
It's not in Brighton, it's in Henfield, which is out in the sticks and difficult to get to, to say the least.

They deliver, it turns out, and not at stupid prices.

I'm just about to press the go button on committing to spending a fair amount of money with them. Is there anything you can share about your experience?

They deliver, it turns out, and not at stupid prices.

I'm just about to press the go button on committing to spending a fair amount of money with them. Is there anything you can share about your experience?
I just went back to my previous dealer.
Their service was appalling, basically it was here are you keys, we left a litre of fuel in for you.

Zhopa

LE
Thank you. Frankly any successful sale suggests a level of competence higher than any of the dealers I've visited in the two weeks since they opened up again (never calling back, no answers to questions, "we can't find the paperwork"), so thus far I'm undeterred...

Thinking of buying a new car soon. Can get a good discount from Griffin using my DDS card. Anyone out there used them?

Get a quote from them and approach your local dealer and ask him to beat it.

Compare it with the What Car 'Target Price', Carwow and Orange Wheels' to see how good a deal it really is - it might not actually be the best.

I use the same broker (FREE) every 3 years to buy me a new Audi - he has saved me nearly £20K off the OTR price already in my purchases.

Zhopa

LE
Get a quote from them and approach your local dealer and ask him to beat it.

Compare it with the What Car 'Target Price', Carwow and Orange Wheels' to see how good a deal it really is - it might not actually be the best.

I use the same broker (FREE) every 3 years to buy me a new Audi - he has saved me nearly £20K off the OTR price already in my purchases.

Indeed. Done. They measure up well - comfortably over 20% off list price, which the others don't get close to for what I'm looking for. Examples here (wide range of discounts, the make I'm looking for is toward the top end).

Hence my wondering if it's in some way dodgy.

Latest Threads