Grief taken a bit too far???

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chinooksdad, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not an angler, I'm sure there are quite a few of you out there fanatical about it but surely weeping and shell-shocked anglers is a bit too much? 'The people's fish?' for fecks sake!!! I'm surprised there's not a floral monument and a minutes silence. And as for them wondering what killed it, I'd imagine having a fecking girt fishhook wedged in it's gob every day and a photo oportunity on the riverside must have taken the edge of it's day on a regualr basis.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article6737929.ece

2. A blessed relief for the poor bl00dy fish I would think. Caught 64 times!! No cruelty to animals there then...

3. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

She is in a far better plaice

Hat, coat....

4. Oh, do stop carping on. Mullet over, that's what she was born for.

Load of cods-wallop.

5. Ding ding. Start the bus up.

Grieving whores are all dressed up and ready to go and start throwing there roses in the lake.

6. Recreational grief should not just be for princesses.

7. Was the angler drunk? And French? Any photos, taken in a tunnel?

8. She's had her chips....are they angling for a memorial in her name?

9. Could somebody save me a plaice on the grief bus

10. They've fallen for it hook, line and sinker...They must be reeling.

I'll see myself out, no no, don't get up.

11. Right, let’s have a bit of bloody respect. I for one loved that fish and I’m not ashamed to say it. Remember that this is the fish that broke down barriers by not being afraid to shake hands with land mines.

I’ve already started a wallpaper covered scrapbook and look forward to collecting all the Tony (bloody) Parsons articles entitled “The Fish that I Knew”.

I’ve also already started to suspect a senior member of the Cod Family and demand a hugely expensive public enquiry that convinces no one of anything.

12. Caught 64 times in around 25 years? so 2 and a bit times per year, not a lot really, given than some fishing lakes can average the same fish being caught 3 or 4 times a day.

Plus the fact a carp has no pain sensors in its mouth, it obviously didnt do it much harm, more so when you consider it lived for the time it did.

I also think the "grief" is a bit tongue in cheek, and not actually, oh my god lets all cry and lay flowers outside the fishery, type grief.

I just wish people would stop carping on about it, and remember Benson for what she was, a well bred lady not some old trout.
    After all, how many knew she loved the musical "south Pacific"? her favourite song from it was, "Salmon chanted evening"

Fish do have a sole you know.

13. There's a hole in my heart, how will I fillet?

14. She clearly wasn't the people's fish otherwise we'd have had Tony Blair on TV wringing his hands and summoning up all the faux grief he could muster on camera.

Today's news but tomorrows fish and chips

15. The scales of justice await him.