Greta Thunberg......

NSP

LE
I heard her mother on interview saying Greta was an annoying bossy little c---t at home!
They should have given her arse a good leathering with pappy's belt early doors, then. She'd have learned on Day One to do what the grown-ups told her.

Hang on - isn't her whole raison based on doing what those two grown-ups tell her, anyway? I mean, if her old man is is writing her social media bollox then her mum must be the one writing her speech and press conference scripts.

They should have given her arse a good leathering with pappy's belt early doors, then. She'd have learned on Day One to do what the grown-ups told her.

Hang on - isn't her whole raison based on doing what those two grown-ups tell her, anyway? I mean, if her old man is is writing her social media bollox then her mum must be the one writing her speech and press conference scripts.
Or they could have just made her go to school, so she might get decent grades, study environmentology or climate engineering, and then actually be able to promote a qualified opinion.

I think it speaks more to the stupidity of The Establishment and Mainstream Media that they can't differentiate between informed opinion and rhetoric delivered by a kid.

UKTAP

LE
Or they could have just made her go to school, so she might get decent grades, study environmentology or climate engineering, and then actually be able to promote a qualified opinion.

I think it speaks more to the stupidity of The Establishment and Mainstream Media that they can't differentiate between informed opinion and rhetoric delivered by a kid.
Correct: we live in a post-truth society, where the facts behind the message are not important - it's the way it's delivered.

Get the right child pushing out apocalyptic hyperbole to other children, and you don't need to be speaking truth - people will follow you, et voila - you're on the gravy train.

It all becomes a bit unacceptable when the establishment joins in though. The Police should be very heavily censured, with pretty much all of their top brass sacked for their abysmal handling of XR. Never mind what should happen to the BBC...

Correct: we live in a post-truth society, where the facts behind the message are not important - it's the way it's delivered.

Get the right child pushing out apocalyptic hyperbole to other children, and you don't need to be speaking truth - people will follow you, et voila - you're on the gravy train.

It all becomes a bit unacceptable when the establishment joins in though. The Police should be very heavily censured, with pretty much all of their top brass sacked for their abysmal handling of XR. Never mind what should happen to the BBC...
The police are in a tricky position because XR looks, talks and acts like one of those apocalyptic protestant cults that would embarrass themselves on the high street back in the 90s. It's extremist and fundamentalist, it's puritan, its adherents are nutters who dress like tramps, and it preaches an End Times message.

Morning All,
Looks like she's had another accolade.

Hmm.. slow & slimy, most sensible people push/kick them out of the way, Hang on is it edible? Might be good for something after all, e.g. exporting to France :)

Hmm.. slow & slimy, most sensible people push/kick them out of the way, Hang on is it edible? Might be good for something after all, e.g. exporting to France :)

Dunno if it's fFrench, but I dimly remember a proverb that went something like: "Women, like snails, are no good in hot weather."

These school strikes look like a cunning way to take a getaway break without incurring the wrath of the education authorities. St Greta might well receive sponsorship from the leisure and travel industry.
On a more important note, if she is complicit in taking away my future enjoyment of meat and cheap flights, I am not going turn out in our road with welcoming palm fronds.

Latest Threads