Grenfell Tower

I agree with the op, it wasn't TM going around telling people to stay in a burning building.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

Old-Salt
School dinner ladies made me eat hideously over-cooked cabbage. I need counselling, and compensation, plus compound interest from 1954.
Huh, thats nowt - the trauma of being born was so bad I couldn't speak or walk for two years, and when I could, I could only do it in a Yorkshire accent, which has stayed with me to this day. that's got to be worth summat in compo?

(never try walking in a Yorkshire accent, just dont).

Huh, thats nowt - the trauma of being born was so bad I couldn't speak or walk for two years, and when I could, I could only do it in a Yorkshire accent, which has stayed with me to this day. that's got to be worth summat in compo?

(never try walking in a Yorkshire accent, just dont).
How much?

Can’t be doing with reading the whole thread as it’ll make my shit foam but Bent-Toad seems to have gone very quiet on this of late? Can it be that her historical connection with approving the building whilst on the local council is incompatible with her attempts at being re elected to one on the most marginal seats in the country?

Or has Christmas come early and she’s shot herself in the face?

No doubting that the whole Grenfell Tower debacle over who is to blame for this catastrophe will rumble on. Benita Mehra has resigned. How the feck can they appoint a woman onto the panel leading phase 2 of the enquiry who has a conflict of interest because of her connections with the company who provided the cladding; albeit through the charitable arm of the company.

This is a complete waste of time, no one will get the blame, no one will accept responsibility, no one will go to jail. No one is a twat.

This is a complete waste of time, no one will get the blame, no one will accept responsibility, no one will go to jail.
Several already in jail because of being caught cheating by saying they were residents but were not.
Who do you suggest goes to jail? The manufacturers of the cladding? The builders? The architects? The council for approving? The fire service for poor advice/inspections? The residents for blocking open the fire doors?

Several already in jail because of being caught cheating by saying they were residents but were not.
Who do you suggest goes to jail? The manufacturers of the cladding? The builders? The architects? The council for approving? The fire service for poor advice/inspections? The residents for blocking open the fire doors?
It's a tough question indeed.
That is why it will rumble on until it falls into the 'too difficult to do box'

Just a matter of time..

The fire service did not give poor advice/inspections, they were removed from that role by deregulation.

The fire service did not give poor advice/inspections, they were removed from that role by deregulation.
That's them in the clear then, tick box ticked. Now onto who deregulated things?

Blair?

From the Guardian

Who were very quick at putting the boot in and blame the Government.

The company that made the cladding panels used on Grenfell Tower knew in 2011 they were “not suitable for use on building facades” and performed worse in fire tests than declared on safety certificates, a public inquiry into the disaster has heard.
the main contractor, Rydon, revealed that Claude Wehrle, an Arconic official, had explained in internal emails in 2011 that the fire rating of the panels had dropped to class E from class B and so were “unsuitable for use on building facades” in Europe. But, he said, “we can still work with regulators who are not as restrictive”.

The people who should be going to jail are the head sheds of Arconic and whoever the regulator was that approved the cladding.

Who would have thought that the cladding, made in France, would fall far below EU standards ?

Ohhhh wait, we have already had dieselgate :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The people who should be going to jail are the head sheds of Arconic and whoever the regulator was that approved the cladding.
I suspect that the designer will have a cast-iron get-out, namely that the system was designed for a particular duration, either 30 minutes or 60 minutes, and that few, if any, deaths occurred during this period.

Latest Threads