Grenadier or coldstream

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by bowers, Jun 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my selection in a couple of weeks and I am hoping to become a guardsman but don't know wether I should go grenadiers or coldstreamers? Any help

2. Shouldn't you be doing the research? Perhaps ask some questions in the recruitment stickies. Can you still talk to a recruiter these days?
    Would looking at the history of each help?

3. I'm sure that Zarathustra will be along soon to give a totally unbiased opinion ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Clearly I have done all the research I can you dick I was asking for advice not criticism do u think I'd join foot guards without knowing what they are....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Popcorn, anyone?

6. So you don't want any advice then?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lol why can't anyone give normal helpful answers on this thing

8. I've though about it definitely Coldstream, there it's sorted.

• Like Like x 5
  9. You aren't asking any questions, how can anyone answer? You said you can't decide, ask questions, nobody can decide for you.

10. I sincerely hope you talk to the DS like that at selection. They'll think you're a fine sort and probably recommend you for a commission.

• Like Like x 3
  11. You had a different choice a while back - "I've got my selection on 10th of July my first choice is gren gds and 2nd is paras but really can't decide any help?"

A tad indecisive, are we?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are you sure you've thought about it enough? Because I thought about it lots and lots and I say Grenadiers.

13. You are a dribbling quim, grow up.

14. I still reckon he should go Para!

15. If you can't decide it doesn't matter, flip a coin.