Grenadier or Coldstream Guards?

Blandyy

Swinger
I am joining the guards. However am unsure of which regiment to join. Stuck between Grenadiers and Coldstream Guards. Any help would be appreciated!

ugly

LE
Do you have any regional or family connection to either regiment?
If not I would go with the flow and enjoy the opportunities.

Blandyy

Swinger
Do you have any regional or family connection to either regiment?
If not I would go with the flow and enjoy the opportunities.
No family connection with either, ideally want lots of tours and deployments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tours and deployments are usually a matter of pot luck. Whichever you join you may find that you can volunteer to supplement other Regiments when they go on tour.

ugly

LE
Ok when I was at Shornecliffe the Grenadiers were usually the Ugly ones and the Coldstreams the Northerners. Mind you most of us were pig ugly and riddled with acne back then!

Blandyy

Swinger
Ok when I was at Shornecliffe the Grenadiers were usually the Ugly ones and the Coldstreams the Northerners. Mind you most of us were pig ugly and riddled with acne back then!
what if I’m an ugly northerner?

ugly

LE
The Dingles

You don't sound like an individual who wants to be stuck in Barracks on Ceremonial Duties.

Yes - they all deploy, but the Guards have to fulfil a task that others do not.

You sure the Guards is the right choice?

My advice is join a larger regiment with 3 or more Battalions so you can rotate between them in their various roles and locations.

Variety is the Spice and all that....

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Scots & Irish Guards are available also.

Blandyy

Swinger
You don't sound like an individual who wants to be stuck in Barracks on Ceremonial Duties.

Yes - they all deploy, but the Guards have to fulfil a task that others do not.

You sure the Guards is the right choice?

My advice is join a larger regiment with 3 or more Battalions so you can rotate between them in their various roles and locations.

Variety is the Spice and all that....
The ceremonial stuff is what attracts me really. I think that good drill makes a good soldier a great soldier. And the guards have a Stella reputation.

Both are good Regiments, but obviously not as good as the Scots Guards. Joining either you will start off doing ceremonial with the incremental Companies in Wellington and then move onto the Battalion.

Good luck in whatever one you pick and enjoy it.

The ceremonial stuff is what attracts me really. I think that good drill makes a good soldier a great soldier. And the guards have a Stella reputation.
Then the Guards is the perfect choice for you.

They all rotate here through Aldershot and they all seem a decent bunch. Worked with them many times in the past and always got on well despite us being scruffy old Green Jackets, and them being smartly dressed Red Coats.

Ugly and others can best advise which Guards Regiment to choose.

Blandyy

Swinger
Both are good Regiments, but obviously not as good as the Scots Guards. Joining either you will start off doing ceremonial with the incremental Companies in Wellington and then move onto the Battalion.

Good luck in whatever one you pick and enjoy it.
Will try my best! Cheers pal

Then the Guards is the perfect choice for you.

They all rotate here through Aldershot and they all seem a decent bunch. Worked with them many times in the past and always got on well despite us being scruffy old Green Jackets, and them being smartly dressed Red Coats.

Ugly and others can best advise which Guards Regiment to choose.
Ugly is ex LI and he’s just suggested a regiment that doesn’t exist anymore.

Go for the Rifles. Lots of battalions and they march properly unlike other regiments that swing there arms around like windmills and go everywhere at the pace of a ruptured slug.

band is ace also.

just saying

Blandyy

Swinger
Ugly is ex LI and he’s just suggested a regiment that doesn’t exist anymore.

Go for the Rifles. Lots of battalions and they march properly unlike other regiments that swing there arms around like windmills and go everywhere at the pace of a ruptured slug.

band is ace also.

just saying
I’ve been slightly put off from the Rifles by serving mates, one pal often refers to them as “chippy mob” lol. Any other insight on the Rifles would be appreciated.

Look at the history of each regiment, the Grens were raised to protect the monarch (Charles II), this makes them well balanced individuals as they have massive chips on each shoulder.

Grens refer to Coldstreamers as turncoats because they fought for Cromwell.

I’ve been slightly put off from the Rifles by serving mates, one pal often refers to them as “chippy mob” lol. Any other insight on the Rifles would be appreciated.

you used to find with the county regiments (back in the day) that each battalion had some semblance of a regional identity. Not sure if that’s still the case, but if it is, find a rifles battalion with lots of lads from the North East and you’ll be just fine :)

try and avoid southerners as they are all big girls blouses.

awaits incoming!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bowers Infantry 213
M Infantry 60
FRjunkie Infantry 71

Latest Threads