Grenadier Guards

Discussion in 'Officers' started by lcs90, Jun 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am interested in joining above regt, wondering if anybody could give me any advice?
    I am 17, final year of sixth form, and want to join up after uni (hopefully Law at Durham)
    Socially (I know it will be highlighted for Household Division on ARRSE), I go to a standard independent day school, not too posh, my father is a hospital consultant, and I have no private income, wouldn't consider myself too posh, but my accent is often mocked for it /images/smilies/icon_smile.gif
    Many Thanks,
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Without wishing to appear dismissive, use the search function.

There are loads of threads about the Household Div and private incomes/accents/playing polo or association football.

It'll save you time and stop you from being ripped a new head.
  3. Will do, thanks
  4. At this minute I'm watching a docu about the Guards preparing for trooping the colour on the Blighty channel. Will probly be repeated just in case you miss it.
  5. See all of the same comments that you have got on your previous thread with reference to becoming an RAC officer. Most/all apply in equal measure to the Household Division. It is beginning to sound like you just have a chip on your shoulder (one way or other) concerning your socioeconomic group and accent and are just gauging whether or not you could join what in previous generations would be termed "a smart regiment." Get yourself in front of a recruiter, go and see some of these regiments and if you like them, they like you, they have space for you and you like the soldiers, ethos and role of the regiment then join it, simples...

And no (in response to one of your other posts), 5'8" is absolutely fine for the foot guards, I know a number of HD officers who are that height or shorter. You are beginning to sound like a very self conscious young man...
  6. I don't have a chip on my shoulder, and not so worried about fitting in, I'm mostly just worried about increasing my chances of being accepted, making good impression on regt colonels etc.
    And I make such an emphasis on socioeconomic groups etc, because it seems to be made such an issue on all ARRSE threads

7. Hmm? to give, say, two examples of threads were we GAF about it? - unless it's a specific thread about Officer enlistment or OTC?

Better still, to save time, just feck off now or stick to the relevant thread...BC seems to be on the right track with his comments IMO.
  8. Alright, twat I am, sorry.
    Just trying to get useful information.
  9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

No regiment selects its officers primarily - or even secondarily - on the basis of socio-economic class. It's all about how you rate against your peers at RMAS, whether the Regiment likes you, whether you like them and so on. The best thing to do is express an interest to your ACA and begin the 'getting to know you' process; they won't laugh at you or bite.