GRENADIER GUARDS WO1 IN NO2 SERVICE DRESS

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by wo1slashedpeak, Jul 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WHAT TYPE OF FOOTWEAR IS WORN BY A WO1 WEARING NO2 SERVICE DRESS WITHIN THE GRENADIER GUARDS. EVEN RHQ CANNOT AGREE ON THIS!!!

2. Sshhh you'll wake everyone up if you shout ;)

I'd say brown shoes, brushed not bulled. Then again I'm REME, so no expert on Guards bulls hit :)

3. White Slip on's with a Lovely Gold Chain running across the front :D

4. 1000 milers BDF/KDF no socks and skin showing polished but not buffed........

[​IMG]

5. White Converse with blue Nike socks

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I quite agree HW - skin should never be buffed - but then again I never served in Airborne :lol: :lol:

7. Anything to do with Leonardo Di Vinci not discovering the parachute till late in the 18th Century well after your demob you turps nudging skirt wearing pant pissing old cnut ......

[​IMG]

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Some fine moustaches there. Well done men.

9. always seem to wear drill boots as far as i can remember

10. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So are you actually a WO1 in the Guards?

Thought WO1 wore Officer SD, Officer shoes, shirt and tie?

Have you looked at dress regs?

11. Nothing with laces it will confuse the hell out of you trust me - go for slip ons much easier :)
    Lets face it if you don't know how the hell are the rest of us supposed to know or follow your lead??
    GSM London District normally a good point of ref for these sort of things - he is a guardsman too I bellieve :)

Good luck old boy - and do let us know the definative answer when you find out

Cheers

P.S If you are a WO1/ RSM who the hell cares you can do your own thing anyway no one would dare tell you otherwise lets face it!

12. Being in 1GG, i can tell you they wear Drill boots when in 2 Dress like everyone else. The only time we don't wear drill boots in 2 Dress is for Bn events outside of work but still have to attend such as Bn boxing finals etc. Or this is how its been whilst i have been serving.

13. Is he b0llocks.

Do you honestly think that any WO1, even a cadet one that claims to be an ex reg WO2, would ever, ever sink so low as to ask a question about dress on an open web site?

Walt and an embarrassing one at that

14. no2 dress at boxing events?......I am sure you mean mess dress for events like that. WALT

15. I think this is what youre looking for WALT

Size 20 Patent leather clown boots

[​IMG]