Grenadier Guards & tattoos.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Connorfoster, Jul 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First off, Im not too sure if this belongs here and I apologize if its not. But I am looking to join the Grenadiers next year and I was wondering if their regs on tattos where any different to other regiments (because of the ceramonial stuff). I dont see why it should but I dont want to screw up my chances by getting certain tattoos. thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Can someone please make me a MOD for the recruiting forum? Pleeeeeeease!
  3. If you have sensible tattoos in sensible places before you join, it wont be a problem, if your hands and wrists are marked, neck, face/back of the head are tattooed and particularly back of the head tattoo is visible with a short haircut, you will probably be asked to have them removed/join the RAF/join something else that doesnt matter/care.
  4. Oh right, thanks :)
  5. you mean he will have to have his head removed ? Strewth a bit harsh - my question is would he notice ?
  6. We have loads of blokes with tattoos. The only time I've seen someone get in trouble was a lad who had tattoos on his neck as they were visible over the collar of his tunic/great coat. I believe he got quite a hefty fine but I'm not 100% certain. I'd imagine any tattoos on your hand/wrist would also be a no no.
  7. JoeyDeacon, Im glad you are still alive (are you) I grew up with you monging your mongness on Blue Peter, I am still unsure what the point you were trying to make was.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. As long as they are not on your hands or your face or neck you should be allowed to do ceremonial duties. In my day (80s) one guy had to have his tatoos removed from the back of his hands before he could do Royal Guard. Also learn how to spell ceremonial right if you want to become a Grenadier!
  9. Smudge, I didnt know you cared ;)
  10. Oh I do! Really! I do!
  11. Learning to write with crayons will also give you a distinct advantage.
  12. Connor mate, you should be more worried about what your mum will say if you get those horrid tattoos...
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

L and R on your feet would help
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Grenadiers - F and I.

Every Guardsman's ambition - to have a girlfriend named Fifi. Just for the tattoo.
  15. Can we see this happen, if only for the comedy value?
    • Like Like x 1