• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Grenadier Guards & tattoos.

First off, Im not too sure if this belongs here and I apologize if its not. But I am looking to join the Grenadiers next year and I was wondering if their regs on tattos where any different to other regiments (because of the ceramonial stuff). I dont see why it should but I dont want to screw up my chances by getting certain tattoos. thanks.

If you have sensible tattoos in sensible places before you join, it wont be a problem, if your hands and wrists are marked, neck, face/back of the head are tattooed and particularly back of the head tattoo is visible with a short haircut, you will probably be asked to have them removed/join the RAF/join something else that doesnt matter/care.

If you have sensible tattoos in sensible places before you join, it wont be a problem, if your hands and wrists are marked, neck, face/back of the head are tattooed and particularly back of the head tattoo is visible with a short haircut, you will probably be asked to have them removed/join the RAF/join something else that doesnt matter/care.
you mean he will have to have his head removed ? Strewth a bit harsh - my question is would he notice ?

Z

Zarathustra

We have loads of blokes with tattoos. The only time I've seen someone get in trouble was a lad who had tattoos on his neck as they were visible over the collar of his tunic/great coat. I believe he got quite a hefty fine but I'm not 100% certain. I'd imagine any tattoos on your hand/wrist would also be a no no.

As long as they are not on your hands or your face or neck you should be allowed to do ceremonial duties. In my day (80s) one guy had to have his tatoos removed from the back of his hands before he could do Royal Guard. Also learn how to spell ceremonial right if you want to become a Grenadier!

First off, Im not too sure if this belongs here and I apologize if its not. But I am looking to join the Grenadiers next year and I was wondering if their regs on tattos where any different to other regiments (because of the ceramonial stuff). I dont see why it should but I dont want to screw up my chances by getting certain tattoos. thanks.
Connor mate, you should be more worried about what your mum will say if you get those horrid tattoos...

I may get a beasting for this, and i know its probably not the right thread to post this into, as there are threads on catterick ect...

But anyone heading into catterick for the grenadier guards on the 2nd of october? be nice to know some people before turning up.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Can someone please make me a MOD for the recruiting forum? Pleeeeeeease!
No. Because you fancy 74 kim, which makes you unsuited to the moulding of young minds. Back on post, I suspect the answer is around visibility when wearing uniform. If the oppo think they're up against David Beckham, they'll advance to contact.

Loads of guys in my time has tatts probably coz at the time the batt had just got back from Hong Kong where they were dirt cheap and good quality. I cant remember many having any on their hands or from neck up. cant see the point anyway as most you see now on the hands are home made ones. We did have a lance Sgt though who had a star tattoed on both ear lobes

Latest Threads