Grenade test???????

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by TC1989, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I have been reading a few of the ADSC threads to try and get some tips and advice, before mine on the 29th of july at pirbright. As I was reading i kept noticing people mention the "grenade test", i have not been told anything about this yet by my recruiter. so can anyone tell me what happens etc???

Cheers TC

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yep they give you a grenade, tell you to pull the pin and see which bit you throw. The problem is if you fail there isn't a re-test. :wink:

3. You will sit through a lecture on the L2 A2 HE hand grenade using an L25 fuse assembly, you will also learn about the L28 training grenade with the L30 fuse assembly, There will be a 10question test to see how well you can retain information. The next day, you will go to a muddy area next to the gymnasium and be taught how to throw a grenade, You then practice throwing the grenade and are assessed on how well you can remember the drills. Al lyou have to remember is L2 is a High explosive hand grenade, Has a lethal range of approx 15metres depending on the surface it lands (increases on hard standing-decreases on soft standing). The fuse is called the L25 Fly off lever fuse and the whole grenade is coloured in Deep Bronze Green with yellow stenciling!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Dont have to remember weights and content anymore?

5. No, i was gutted the other week when i ws at glencorse and there were no difficult questions, last time i saw a grenade i was cobbing across salisbury plain. This time i was throwing a dummy at a fig 12!

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I recall 465 grammes overall wt with 168 grams RDX/TNT filler. somethings dont leave you even after 20 years!

7. You're clearly not well Ugly and your tendancy to be a spotter is not overly healthy either!

Are you CLAing this year?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I am, Friday only as a guest, will be touting and also collecting supplies, maybe CLA as an exhibitor if it does Broadlands again soon. I think we are a cert for the Midland next year to exhibit providing this years visits go well. Michelham Priory this weekend!

9. ....is a old tread just to update it though..grenade L109HE .with a fly off lever fuse
    Practice grenade L1 11A1 with a fly off lever fuse L162 .hope it helps

10. You don't need to know what happens in the grenade test or what it's all about beforehand. The idea is to see if you can take in and remember information, thousands of people have gone to ADSC not knowing anything about grenades and passsed, it's not difficult so stop flapping.

11. The thread is over 2 years old and the thread starter has gone to Bassingbourn nearly 1 1/2 years ago.

12. The poor lad's forgotten how to throw a bleeding grenade in the time it's taken you to answer that rahan7.

I hope they issue you with exceptionally long fuses for your reaction speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.