Grenada elects to keep Queen

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tax_Tw-t, Nov 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good for Grenada! God Save The Queen!

2. Splendid!!!!!

3. hurrar and hurrar

4. meanwhile in Bermuda......

5. I bet Phil is delighted.

6. Well done them, three cheers and last one to Pink Gin beach is a rotten egg. :D

YM

7. Well done your Maj, get yourself on X Factor with a public vote percentage like that!

8. It's dusty in here.

9. Bugger, I was trying to get them to take Mandelson.

10. Er sorry, Grenada is Grenada. This is another country, St Vincent and the Grenadines .....

but Huzzah and all that.

Anyone see that programme the other week where Kwame Kwei-Armah traced the royal tour of 1953.

He was shocked when he found a radio studio full of Jamicans saying "we should have stayed with the British, it would have been better for us in the long run" and how much they liked the queen.

It shouldn't be a surprise really. Once you get beyond the headlines most carribbean communities are conservative and traditional.

Trotsky

#

11. Thought they stopped playing it years ago, along with the rest of the ITV companies.

12. A few more dozen plane loads and I reckon we can swing the aussie referendum.

Bloody antipodeans (spelling? - camping and drinking in SE Queensland).

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Good for them - they are obviously civilised enough to know when they are on to a good thing, unlike the rest of the ungrateful world and a chunk of the population here.

Love this report about how they went about things:

That is very civilised.

Imagine how that might have turned out if, perhaps they'd got themselves completely free of their colonial oppressahs, like say, in Zimbabwe, or perhaps even Uganda, and how the news of democratic change might have read.

14. Well done Grenada. I wish that we could be given the opportunity to elect our head of state.