Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Clarke resigns as Football Association chairman after remark about black players

The term used for black people has to be changed on a regular basis so that they can catch people out who are not conforming to wokespeech and punish them.

You can't call them black people that's wacist, it's people thats well wicked innit blud now

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You know, all it is going to take is for people to respobd and not cave in. When someone says "That is racist", just reply "I don't think it is, please explain where and how this is racist" Until that starts to happen then the "offensive words/phrases" will change on a weekly basis.

If someone does say a word or phrase is racist ask them to explain how it is. Point out that incorrect individual perception of offence is not racism but is a personality fault of the person. This idea that one person perceiving offence makes a whole language racist needs to change.

I doubt anything like that will happen soon, but it will in time when people get really pissed off with the woke brigade.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
You know, all it is going to take is for people to respobd and not cave in. When someone says "That is racist", just reply "I don't think it is, please explain where and how this is racist" Until that starts to happen then the "offensive words/phrases" will change on a weekly basis.

If someone does say a word or phrase is racist ask them to explain how it is. Point out that incorrect individual perception of offence is not racism but is a personality fault of the person. This idea that one person perceiving offence makes a whole language racist needs to change.

I doubt anything like that will happen soon, but it will in time when people get really pissed off with the woke brigade.
That comes back to the point I made previously about intent.

Removing it was another 'victory' for New Labour.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I learned a new phrase today:

Kafka-trapping

Look it up.
You know, funnily enough, I was mulling this over while out running today and the word I kept coming back to was 'Kafkaesque'... you're guilty but no-one's prepared to tell you why so that you can defend yourself.

I didn't know that term but, yes, nails it.

I think this is relevant, with my point being - The FA Force/encourage a man to resign for 'offensive' language but do FA (see what I did there) about the following:

'Qatar has admitted that nine migrant labourers died last year working on football stadiums for the 2022 Fifa World Cup, taking the total number of deaths in six years to 34, an official report from the “supreme committee” organising the event said on Monday'.

Yes, nasty racist man gets sacked but we can ignore people dying for the sake of our money, influence, next job, the beautiful game.

You know, funnily enough, I was mulling this over while out running today and the word I kept coming back to was 'Kafkaesque'... you're guilty but no-one's prepared to tell you why so that you can defend yourself.

I didn't know that term but, yes, nails it.
Read any of the memoirs by French or US prisoners of the Vietnamese & Koreans before and you will see where all this is headed .
Group sessions with a political commissar where attendees are expected to confess in self criticism and apologise for perceived crimes of white privilege
I've been out of the corporate and military worlds for along time , but as I understand it , we are already well on the road .

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Read any of the memoirs by French or US prisoners of the Vietnamese & Koreans before and you will see where all this is headed .
Group sessions with a political commissar where attendees are expected to confess in self criticism and apologise for perceived crimes of white privilege
I've been out of the corporate and military worlds for along time , but as I understand it , we are already well on the road .
Let's call it what it is, then: indoctrination.

Right-wing AND liberal?

Is he one of those multisexuals as well?

#torytraitor

etc...
I never in my life thought that I'd be called a liberal, but apparently "Liberal" in the new catch-all insult by the Woke Brigade.
weer.jpg

I got called that because I described Ocasio-Cortez as an undisciplined, petulant child.

It's my fault for joining the pointless, unremitting shit that is Twitter.

Ross Noble accused of racism on the Graham Norton show a few years ago:

Bob65

War Hero
Facts are now racist unless they're taken from an African perspective

Also science is racist unless taken from an African perspective

It genuinely baffles me how people whose families have lived in the US or UK for generations feel they have the right to speak on behalf of, or as, Africans, who they have never met, whose countries they have never visited, whose languages they don't speak, whose food they don't eat, whose actual cultures they have zero experience of or first hand knowledge of. It truly is bizarre and it should be challenged (if anyone dares in these times).

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It genuinely baffles me how people whose families have lived in the US or UK for generations feel they have the right to speak on behalf of, or as, Africans, who they have never met, whose countries they have never visited, whose languages they don't speak, whose food they don't eat, whose actual cultures they have zero experience of or first hand knowledge of. It truly is bizarre and it should be challenged (if anyone dares in these times).
Indeed. Watching an Afrikaner mate talking to someone who considered herself a black radical was quite amusing.

Her assertion that only whites can be racist went down really, really well.

What was funny was that she was clearly used to not being challenged with reality but she was disabused of things really rather quickly.

(But then accusations that Michael Jackson may have been a kiddie-fiddler are just part of a white conspiracy to tear down a successful black man, apparently...)

Sana

Old-Salt
This is getting insane. The man didn't mean any harm. We all describe people in our own general and specific ways. I consider myself British, yet people call me asian, Indian, Bangladeshi, ethnic minority, alphabet terms,etc. I was never offended by racist words towards me ("p4k1"), unless it was used in an aggressive manner. I had white friends who used that, and I also used and still use un-PC banter against everyone. Anyone remember the BBC comedy Goodness Gracious Me? I found it hillarious. If it was shown today so many would be offended.

Words only have an effect if people react to them.

The people who complain about racism so much can be quite opinionated themselves. I find that whites tend to ask you about your background or don't say too much, while blacks just speak for you.

Last edited:

Latest Threads