Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Clarke resigns as Football Association chairman after remark about black players

Tuffty

War Hero
Clarke resigns as FA chairman

Will it never end:

Bloke at the FA says it as it HE sees it and is crucified for it by all the BLM/LGBT/and any other group with an axe to grind, oh and MPs jumping on the band wagon

Are they coloured or are they black i have lost count of the number of times it changes, arnt east asians people of colour they are certainly not black. I have Black/Fijian/Asian/Indian and Pakistani and even American mates, we never mention race or colour when we is on the piss togther

Girls aged 6/7/8 dont like hard footballs kicked at them.......... doh !!!!!! you dont fukin say, neither did I when i was that old and the balls were the old casey hard as fik ones not like these namby pamby ones now days

i will now fall off my soap box

No offence but i am getting v tired of all this shite

Last edited:

philc

LE
If I was sat and being asked questions on this I honestly don’t know how you describe people other than White with out offending.

What is this weeks correct term?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
If I was sat and being asked questions on this I honestly don’t know how you describe people other than White with out offending.

What is this weeks correct term?

Whatever it is, you'll be wrong using it if an example is needed.

Its not simply that he said "coloured" though.
Like many others, I had no idea this word was unacceptable right now.

Clarke said his words were a "disservice to our game". He prompted further criticism when referring to gay players making a "life choice" and a coach telling him young female players did not like having the ball hit hard at them.He also said there were "a lot more South Asians than there are Afro-Caribbeans" in the FA's IT department because "they have different career interests"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Strange days where the 'correct' action is to take the easy way of resigning. One phrase and a career out of the window.

So much for free speech. (That'll get the woke brigade going)

Should there be a "u" in "People of Colour"?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Clarke said his words were a "disservice to our game". He prompted further criticism when referring to gay players making a "life choice" and a coach telling him young female players did not like having the ball hit hard at them.He also said there were "a lot more South Asians than there are Afro-Caribbeans" in the FA's IT department because "they have different career interests"
I'm not sure what the drama about coloured is. I suspect it's about changing the nomenclature to keep people (of non-colour) on the hop. If it's just that, this is a feeble effort from all involved.

As far as getting a football going at full chat in the fizz, personally I don't think anyone likes it and there are plenty of top flight players in the men's game to be seen on You Tube getting out of harm's way. That said, the women's game tends to be more about skilled play than power and women generally aren't conditioned to be as stupid as men and take the hit (I speak as one who coached women's rugby in the very early days and whose proudest sporting moment as a dad was having a daughter whose team beat their opposite numbers at Tottenham 4-0).

As for the South Asian/Afro-Caribbean thing - the statistics show that Indians are only behind the Chinese in terms of disproportionate representation in the professions in the UK and I'm struggling to think of a South Asian in the Premier League. After multiple years working in the Caribbean and seeing how the jobs tend to split between the various communities, I'm happy to argue that that's generally a cultural thing - the IT and accounts department in one company I can think of are all of Asian descent, despite the owner being proudly Afro-Caribbean.

All in all, I think this is yet another example of the zealots talking out of their respective hoops and doing more harm than good - again.

Last edited:

The only thing I can see there that's contentious is gay people making a 'life choice'. Apart from that I fail to see what all the outrage is about.

I also haven't seen any direct quotes of what he said rather than isolated snippets. Is there a transcript available?

jg505

War Hero
So the easiest way to save your job is to not give interviews and, should you get caught, simply say no comment.

What a fcukin sad state of affairs we find ourselves in.

Post-Truth world my friends.

Feelings over facts.

The West is eating itself and once we're nicely softened up, harder men will just walk in and say 'thank you'.

Only way to solve it is to go to war and change 50 years plus of the undermining of all of the institutions.

If the human race last long enough, this period will be looked back historically as a text book example of social subversion.

He was only stating facts.

syrup

LE
Anton Ferdinand, former West Ham, Sunderland and QPR defender: "Clearly education is needed at all levels.

That wouldn't be the same Anton Ferdinand whose brother Rio called black footballer Ashley Cole a "Choc Ice" when he took John Terry's side of the argument after the Chelsea captain was alleged to have called Ferdinand a Black C*nt after Ferdinand called Terry a C*nt.*
Both Ferdinand brothers denied the term was racist so maybe he should have used that to describe non white players.

*The complaint about Terry being racist wasn't lodged by either Ferdinand or anyone at the match but an off duty policeman who claims he heard it on Sky Sports coverage of the match.

Some of the funniest and abiding things I ever heard said was between two of my junior ranks, Don and Ni99er in full flow.

Don was an awesome guy of afro Carribbean descent and Ni99er was an ace, blonde, pasty faced kid, and best muckers.

When Don shouted "Oi Ni99er, get the f'kin brews/ beers in!" the reaction of bystanders was epic.

I'm not sure how the whole thing would go down now, though.

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
I can imagine the scene when the police arrive to a victim of an assault:

PC: “Could you describe the assailant. Sir?”

Assailed: “No, sorry, because that would leave me open to a charge of racial abuse.”

Still, all is good in our ‘Beautiful Game’ - Premier League players are still taking the knee ffs! They even did it at the games on Sunday, after observing the one minute silence for Remembrance Sunday! :-x

He was only stating facts.

Facts are now racist unless they're taken from an African perspective

Also science is racist unless taken from an African perspective

Latest Threads