Greetings

Hi all,

This is my first post on here so apologies if I come across a little green! I've started the ball rolling on joining the local TA regiment down in Abingdon to see if a military career is for me. If it's to my taste I was considering leaving my life as I know it and possibly join my brother in the royal marines whose currently based up at FPG. I've been reading on here for a few weeks but thought I'd join and say hi.

Regards,

Ash

Why not go for RMR then? Closest one is in London, think they have a Det in Henley. Henley Det

How to join

Henley Detachment
RMR London
RFCA Centre
Friday Street
Henley-on-Thames
Oxon
RG9 1AM

Contact Numbers

01491 410899 (available Tuesdays 19.30 hrs - 21.30 hrs)
At any other time call: 0207 2374331

Good luck either way!

Thanks for the above info. I guess it would be the best option however I know it would take longer to complete training. I have no military experience myself and perhaps just a little impatient to see what it's all about. It wouldn't harm my prospects in the marines by joining the TA by any chance?

Thanks for the above info. I guess it would be the best option however I know it would take longer to complete training. I have no military experience myself and perhaps just a little impatient to see what it's all about. It wouldn't harm my prospects in the marines by joining the TA by any chance?
It's a great way to have a look and see what it's all about - No point signing up and finding out you hate it. Pop along to 7 Rifles - they should look after you - don't forget to try before you buy. You might enjoy the flexability of the TA along with a civvy life and stick with that, you might fancy going to the regs full time or you might think feck this - I outta here! Whatever happens I'm sure 7 Rifles will look after you. (Don't forget there are atatched trades along with the infantry and there is the RAF Reserve at Brize Norton and Benson Crab type Stabs have a good look round before you go head first.