Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Ash599, Dec 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

This is my first post on here so apologies if I come across a little green! I've started the ball rolling on joining the local TA regiment down in Abingdon to see if a military career is for me. If it's to my taste I was considering leaving my life as I know it and possibly join my brother in the royal marines whose currently based up at FPG. I've been reading on here for a few weeks but thought I'd join and say hi.

2. Why not go for RMR then? Closest one is in London, think they have a Det in Henley. Henley Det

How to join

Henley Detachment
    RMR London
    RFCA Centre
    Friday Street
    RG9 1AM

Contact Numbers

01491 410899 (available Tuesdays 19.30 hrs - 21.30 hrs)
    At any other time call: 0207 2374331

Good luck either way!
  3. Thanks for the above info. I guess it would be the best option however I know it would take longer to complete training. I have no military experience myself and perhaps just a little impatient to see what it's all about. It wouldn't harm my prospects in the marines by joining the TA by any chance?
  4. It's a great way to have a look and see what it's all about - No point signing up and finding out you hate it. Pop along to 7 Rifles - they should look after you - don't forget to try before you buy. You might enjoy the flexability of the TA along with a civvy life and stick with that, you might fancy going to the regs full time or you might think feck this - I outta here! Whatever happens I'm sure 7 Rifles will look after you. (Don't forget there are atatched trades along with the infantry and there is the RAF Reserve at Brize Norton and Benson Crab type Stabs have a good look round before you go head first.