Greetings from SLB/Horsley Lines and Op Telic 8!

Currently 45 degree's C routinely at Midday/early pm and getting hotter!
Lots of 'Army-barmy lunacy to keep us busy' going on :D
Clinically... pretty busy in comparison to Telic 7, but nothing like Telic 1.

Come see for yer'sel!

Ventress

LE
RAF_Nurse! said:
What like, parades, having to wear uniform, saluting officers, no hotels, crap food, no beaches near by, living in a hole, ..................The Army must suck!!

Don't make him go out of his air-conditioned facility to look outside and check!!

The poor sod may get hot.

Then we get sticky fingers on the keyboard and then it all goes down hill!

Is this the start of an ops postcard thread

Mortar threat low, wish you were here XX

Complain to the Travel rep if its not up to your liking

RAF_Nurse! said:
Currently 45 degree's C routinely at Midday/early pm and getting hotter!
Clinically... pretty busy in comparison to Telic 7, but nothing like Telic 1.

Come see for yer'sel!
is it any different to any of the tours that the rest of have done out there? still hot? still dull? still getting mortared? dry tour? still a steady flow of casualties? pizzahut still delivering?

if its still the same then i'll not bother, thanks though.

paveway_3 said:
SLB well it must be tough their, get out on the ground then you stupid REMF.
im sure you and every other roughty tufty grunt would want him in his remfy job when the shit hits the fan, do you not agree?

ps REMF is really yank.

PONTI is apparantly a more homegrown version

people of no tactical importance. :)

easy wan

Well! You miserable old so-and-so's! :cry:
It's always got to be 'Huh! Been there, done that....grunt! Pah! Air Force, hotel, Air-con, blah, blah, blah!'

Who say's the 'art' in conversation is still there?! Not on here, for sure. 'least not today!

Cheer up. Stop viewing everything as being a potential 'jab' at you and your vast service / operational 'careers'.

I was literally offering a 'hello' and some info. for the few on here who have'nt been before.

Rant over. Nice site, by the way. Keep it up.

yep welcome, now stop big timing and sod off :wink:

paveway_3 said:
yes it is tough working in a hospital surrounded by women who are usually gagging for it, but maybe you like it being surrounded by men!! hope the lads are OK with that!!

Filbert Fox said:
paveway_3 said:
yes it is tough working in a hospital surrounded by women who are usually gagging for it, but maybe you like it being surrounded by men!! hope the lads are OK with that!!
I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to!? Are you assuming i am a 'bloke'?? As an experienced ODA, 'FF' should know the danger of assuming too much/too often!

Do they still switch off the genies at mid day to stop them overheating but blatenly forget about the bods who have been on duty for the past twenty-somethin-hours and are trying to get their heads down but end up waking up half suffocated and drenched in sweat cos the AC has gone off?

RAF_Nurse! said:
Filbert Fox said:
paveway_3 said:
I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to!? Are you assuming i am a 'bloke'?? As an experienced ODA, 'FF' should know the danger of assuming too much/too often!
I know who you are :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dogmonkey Infantry 11
Lid140 RAC 0
hyphae The Intelligence Cell 0