GreenZone Military Festival - Dont worry its not like the other shit!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tony_GreenZone, Apr 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I realise I’m probably gonna get beasted on here for this whether you like it or not but here goes.

I want to tell you about a new music festival for the Military called GreenZone Festival, it’s a 3 day camping event held in Loughborough, Leicestershire over the weekend of June 29th 2012. The line-up includes bands like Reverend and The Makers, The Sunshine Underground, Little Comets, Dirty Goods plus loads more. Our comedy stage is being headlined by Dirty Sanchez`s Pritchard VS Dainton plus loads of comedians and live acts covering the weekend (it will be like 18-30`s meets a festival). Plus the usual randomness (like midgets with water pistols full of tequila) that you would expect a squaddie to come up with when asked to plan a festival.

I left the Army last Aug after serving 12 years to set up a decent event for the lads/ladies. Every Military event I went to, be it a camp families day where I spent the day drinking warm beer out of a 9x9 dodging shit jobs whilst planning my getaway down town or a Military festival full of civvies where the star attraction is no doubt the kit you work on all day, and more recruiting trailers than bars. ### I am not knocking them too much as I know they raise loads of money for Military charities ### but they were not what I liked to do in my time off.

GreenZone is different! We are proud to say "the only Military thing at our event is you". We have linked up with Forcespenpals.co.uk to stop the usual sausage fest you get at these things. Further to that we will also be donating 10p from every £1 profit to H4H, ABF and Cash 4 Commandos. The event is open to all serving, ex serving and their supporters.

Our website is GreenZone Festival | Military Festival (don’t forget to click on the recce tab on the top right corner of the homepage).
    Facebook is Greenzone Festival
    Twitter is @GreenZonefest

I would love to hear what you all think. Plus we still have just under 3 months to the event so tell me what you would like to see there!

Let the beasting commence.

2. "The line-up includes bands like Reverend and The Makers, The Sunshine Underground, Little Comets, Dirty Goods plus loads more."

Who the fuck are that gaggle of cunts?

• Like Like x 6
  3. What's wrong with sausage fests?

SausageFest.com - The Sausage Portal For The Free World Link SFW

This year's SausageFest is on September 1st.

4. 10% of the profits to charity how very generous.

5. Including "Cash For Commandos" I see.

6. And the rest of the profits.....go....to.......?......:eh:

7. Wait. There's a charity for people who don't wear underwear? I want to make a claim. All mine appear to have got shit in them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. at between £50 to £120 to attend a work themed party with my family, and stay in a tent I have to erect myself. Bargain.

I'm disabled, as my organ of olfactory sense was shot off during the battle of Jubilee, can I bring my smelling-nose dog?

9. Dunno, but it will cost you £50 quid advanced ticket to find out, or £70 on the day.

I've quickly decided to remain ignorant of the line up.

10. Is a busload of nurses coming to your event?

11. GreenZone is different! We are proud to say "the only Military thing at our event is you". We have linked up with Forcespenpals.co.uk to stop the usual sausage fest you get at these things. Further to that we will also be donating 10p from every £1 profit to H4H, ABF and Cash 4 Commandos. The event is open to all serving, ex serving and their supporters.

Forcespenpals? Are you going to have letter writing tents and posties as the QRF? If you get a few lady Navy seals, the Walrus might be interested. And what's wrong with a sausagefest? US politicians love' em.

Attached Files:

12. The bus from Guildford will no doubt be picking them up.....................:eh:

13. Its not near BMH Rinteln. :frown:

14. With the greatest of respect £84 for a "full" ticket!?

Yes I know that other festivals are double the price, but they have a slightly different class of line up.

Don't get me wrong, I hope your festival does well, but I think the pricing may be a just a little bit out. £45 tops for the weekend would be reasonable, £84 when booked in advance just isn't.