Greenslade

Ah, no reply then apart from distraction, that well known left wing tool.....

Well, you certainly know about being a tool.

ACAB

LE
Well, you certainly know about being a tool.
Ah well, I suppose that's why you like every single post that @Sixty posts is it not???

A pair of SNP supporting tools.

Oh, and do I need to remind you that @Sixty is a racist???

Ah well, I suppose that's why you like every single post that @Sixty posts is it not???

I'd be interested to see your evidence of that, fantasist/liar.

ACAB

LE
I'd be interested to see your evidence of that, fantasist/liar.
I have quite an interest in @Sixty because he gave me an 'Oxygen Thief' Tag. Suffice to say I've followed who his lackeys are.

I have quite an interest in @Sixty because he gave me an 'Oxygen Thief' Tag. Suffice to say I've followed who his lackeys are.

In your case, his judgement seems pretty sound. How about you finish your Buckie and off to bed?

That will come later if they don't get independence. Do you not remember the SNLA??

Ah, I see you gave my post a dumb. Well, that will come back and bite you on the ass if the shenanigans re Indy Ref are anything to go by.

The SNLA are to terrorists organisations as you are to hair cream.

Greenslade. Views? Has the fecker been responsible in his trade/profession as a journalist, and subsequently as an educator of journalists in the university which pays for his mortgage and Pinot Noir? I remember the editorials he wrote for the Guardian in the last century, when he was also writing under a nom de plume for an Phoblacht.

Should he be forgiven his obscene views or should he be nailed to a wall by his tongue and willy and left for the ravens?
I'm a libertarian, mostly, so believe in both. But then, I'm a kindly soul.

The fact that this man is still an 'emeritus professor' at a British university is astonishingly, ludicrously, obscene.

Obscene perhaps, but not astonishing, not even mildly surprising.

While the university authorities will certainly have been aware of his left-of-centre views, they'd have appointed him on the hard-headed basis that he's a reasonably big name in journalism and his contacts would be of benefit. They'll have turned a blind eye (if they knew about it) to the fact that his writing for An Phoblact was revealed about 12-13 years ago by virtue of him neither confirming nor denying it

They then made him an emeritus professor on the basis that the same applied once he'd reached retirement age. The question is whether he's now done enough to justify being stripped of the honorific (it can happen - a former professor at Ulster [I think it was] turned out to have a penchant for white supremacism and was told he wasn't 'emeritus professor' any more).

Be under no illusions that senior management of any university today will apply a number of tests using the following decision matrix:
Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 00.11.20.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 00.13.34.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 00.15.42.png

If the fuss goes on for more than a few days, he'll need a very sympathetic lot of university managers indeed...

(For clarity, I have no idea whether Greenslade’s head of department hates him or not - this is a generic decision matrix...)

Last edited:
I may have mentioned here before that I politely refused a wonderful invitation to Top Table at the most distinguished College of all for fear of making a severely dickheaded arrse of myself, and the reasons would be clear to anyone who know me. @Archimedes's systematic shows why the logical progression of thought in any introduction to this new face would lead to a boot out of the kitchen door, with the usual '...darken our doors' imprecation.

He's perfectly entitled to his point of view and let's be honest, it's not like we didn't know where his sympathies lay, but his working for An Phoblacht certainly undermines his journalistic credibility, which surely must have some bearing on his current position.

He is an emeritus professor of journalism, so how does he teach journalistic ethics to his students, particularly with regard to disclosure? Will he say that it is perfectly OK to write for the newspaper for which he is in full-time employment about issues in relation to a particular situation, while surreptitiously writing under a pseudonym for another publication which is heavily involved in that particular situation?

Could, for instance, a business editor for the Times, write on the side for the in-house magazine of say a bank or pharmaceutical company, while he covers the financial or pharma news under a cloak of dispassionate observer? Could a political editor for the Daily Telegraph work undercover at a blog run by say the BNP? Would it be acceptable for a medical correspondent for the Guardian to be writing pieces for an anti-vaxxer group? Would it be acceptable for the BBC's environment correspondent to be taking commissions to write pieces for an oil company's website?

I would think Professor Greenslade's position on these would be very clear, absolutely not! Or at least if you are going to do so, every piece you write must be prefaced with a full disclosure about your other line of work. It seems remarkable that no one has challenged him on these matters.

As a septic I find this thread a little confusing. However, after listening to this I can understand the hate and anger.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

Which is quite an achievement when you consider that I wasn't a moderator when you got tagged.

A free press is hell of a thing. Simultaneously an impressive strength and a massive vulnerability. It's good to see their revenue plunging.

Those of us with kids live in constant fear that they could get in with the wrong crowd & one day become a journalist.

There should be an exposé on how the Guardian is the chosen platform for every enemy & competitor of this state.

That will come later if they don't get independence. Do you not remember the SNLA??

Ah, I see you gave my post a dumb. Well, that will come back and bite you on the ass if the shenanigans re Indy Ref are anything to go by.
He was arrested in the ROI ,and extradited to UK, if memory serves. ;) An yes WB. Greenslade is a massive c0ck.

ACAB

LE
Which is quite an achievement when you consider that I wasn't a moderator when you got tagged.
Yes you were, you went under the moniker Sixtyfootdoll then.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yes you were, you went under the moniker Sixtyfootdoll then.

I was made a moderator in 2011. Your Oxygen Thief tagging predates that.

ACAB

LE
I was made a moderator in 2011. Your Oxygen Thief tagging predates that.
And you lie like a cheap japanese watch. I distinctly remember you posting on here about how much abuse the name Sixtyfootdoll bought you and how you much preferred the shorter version you use now.......

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
And you lie like a cheap japanese watch. I distinctly remember you posting on here about how much abuse the name Sixtyfootdoll bought you and how you much preferred the shorter version you use now.......

Jesus titty-******* Christ. This really isn't difficult. Try and follow (and it'll help if you put the tin/bottle down). That was indeed my initial username when I joined the site in 2005 and I subsequently asked for it to be shortened. However I, under any username, didn't become a moderator until 2011. You were tagged prior to 2011.

Now go and get your head down as you're embarrassing yourself.

One open article about Greenslime.

CIoJ (‪@CIoJournalist‬)​

28.2.2021, 17.12

Mail Online reports: "'Vile duplicitous scum': Outrage as Guardian columnist and ex-newspaper editor Roy Greenslade reveals his long-held support for the IRA and says 'the killing of civilians' was 'justifiable.'" See: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9…

Latest Threads