Greenslade

So...
(Gods, I love that)

Anyway, Greenslade comes clean: Roy Greenslade: I cheered on the IRA from Fleet Street — you just didn’t read all about it

and an editorial from the Times: Fleet Street editor Roy Greenslade reveals his secret support for the IRA and refuses to apologise

I don't know where to begin, really. The foul, fetid animal comes out?
Comments in the columns:
Greenslade, and the Guardian, were always known to be supporters of those groupings which murdered, maimed and destroyed the people of our nation. As a soldier in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I knew that the newspaper was more allied to the forces opposing us than to the interests of the nation. A democratically-constituted nation, and one which had always led the effort toward global democracy.

That Greenslade, and his appalling masters and servants were so willing to applaud and aid the opposition to genuine freedom from real oppression was disgusing in the extreme. The man is an obscene relict from the days of Stalin's pogroms, and his memory should be consigned to the same fates.

The fact that this man is still an 'emeritus professor' at a British university is astonishingly, ludicrously, obscene. He is the very antithesis of any figure which any student should regard as a credible example for their futures.

City University has to explain. Doubtless they will claim that freedom of thought and speech require his presence, but that will also require an expanation for his belief that people of his country must be destroyed for the sake of the political desires of a small totalitarian grouping within it.

If they make such a claim, I also doubt that they will make the same claim for people who oppose the totalitarian beliefs of identitarian politics.

I can't believe that the bloody creature doesn't need a security detail.

Incidentally, if you don't read those pieces (which are, as pointed out, behind a Times paywall), which include the names of some senior PIRA/Sinn Fein personalities with whom Greenslade was very close during those years, you won't appreciate the extraordinary talents of the PIRA/SF PR teams. They were working the journalists and editors of Britain's national newspapers; a lesson to everyone in the business now.

ACAB

LE
Incidentally, if you don't read those pieces (which are, as pointed out, behind a Times paywall), which include the names of some senior PIRA/Sinn Fein personalities with whom Greenslade was very close during those years, you won't appreciate the extraordinary talents of the PIRA/SF PR teams. They were working the journalists and editors of Britain's national newspapers; a lesson to everyone in the business now.
They have a lot in common with the current leadership of the SNP.

Man’s a tosser, who is responsible for some cobblers over the years (Greenslade).
Slight thread derail about universities: I got a BA from Southampton, graduating in 2004. During which, they made my life difficult, as I lived miles away and had two or three jobs to make ends meet. This week, they wrote to me asking for cash to support students. Having offered me precisely **** all, they can **** off.
I know lots of readers on this site have, or know, young people at University. They are almost certainly screwed by a shit system.
And then ******* like Greenslade gob off.
The man is an idiot.

I don't recall hearing any of the SNP leadership supporting the murder of HM Forces (or anyone else).

ACAB

LE
I don't recall hearing any of the SNP leadership supporting the murder of HM Forces (or anyone else).
That will come later if they don't get independence. Do you not remember the SNLA??

Ah, I see you gave my post a dumb. Well, that will come back and bite you on the ass if the shenanigans re Indy Ref are anything to go by.

That will come later if they don't get independence. Do you not remember the SNLA??

And the connection between the two is, oh they both have 'Scottish National' in their title, though the SNP has been rather more successful in gaining support than the Tartan Terror letter bomb and graffiti posters.

ACAB

LE
And the connection between the two is, oh they both have 'Scottish National' in their title, though the SNP has been rather more successful in gaining support than the Tartan Terror letter bomb and graffiti posters.
Ah, I see you took the time to Google that before replying......Top marks......

So...
(Gods, I love that)

Anyway, Greenslade comes clean: Roy Greenslade: I cheered on the IRA from Fleet Street — you just didn’t read all about it

and an editorial from the Times: Fleet Street editor Roy Greenslade reveals his secret support for the IRA and refuses to apologise

I don't know where to begin, really. The foul, fetid animal comes out?
Comments in the columns:

I can't believe that the bloody creature doesn't need a security detail.

The fact that this man is still an 'emeritus professor' at a British university is astonishingly, ludicrously, obscene.

Obscene perhaps, but not astonishing, not even mildly surprising.

ACAB

LE
The fact that this man is still an 'emeritus professor' at a British university is astonishingly, ludicrously, obscene.

Nope, it is not. We're used to it now, you know, the 'Little People'.

Ah, I see you took the time to Google that before replying......Top marks......

You are correct, because the SNLA was so insignificant that I couldn't even remember what, if anything they'd 'achieved' which, on investigating, seems to have been the square root of F* all, as opposed to a political party that has been the government of Scotland for some years, and looks like it will be for some time to come as there is no credible, electable opposition.

And, as an outcome of that googling, it seems that some of the SNLA's targeting could have been for the good of civilisation - 'In 2002 Cherie Blair became a target of a renewed campaign by the SNLA when she was sent an anonymous parcel containing a vial that was crudely labelled as containing 'Massage Oil', but which on investigation actually proved to contain caustic acid.'

ACAB

LE
You are correct, because the SNLA was so insignificant that I couldn't even remember what, if anything they'd 'achieved' which, on investigating, seems to have been the square root of F* all, as opposed to a political party that has been the government of Scotland for some years, and looks like it will be for some time to come as there is no credible, electable opposition.
Ah, A Scottish Nationalist in all his glory.............

Did you choose to ignore the bit where Salmond ripped her apart or did that go on your "I don't care because Indy, hated English, FREEEEDOOOOM". I think we should be told....

Ah, A Scottish Nationalist in all his glory.............

Did you choose to ignore the bit where Salmond ripped her apart or did that go on your "I don't care because Indy, FREEEEDOOOOM. I think we should be told....

No, just stating the facts rather than tub-thumping about terrorist threats. Your edit has now changed your position from one of comparing the SNLA to the SNP to one of looking at the leadership within that party. How much more deflection from your badly flawed straw man can you achieve?

How about well know Brexiteer Claire Fox?

Nope, You are clearly NOT stating the facts. What was your impression of the evidence Alex Salmond gave this Friday???

Keep building that strawman; you'll soon have enough to put Edward Woodward in it.

I've approached Joe's Corall with an offer they couldn't refuse: £10 E/W he's got a micro penis AND doesn't know what to do with it.

A very nice chap suggested that I invest in some LIDL brand gin for the same wedge as all bets are off...

Latest Threads