Greenpeace X-Dir blames tsunami on global warming

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stoatman, Dec 31, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few days ago, I said to Mrs Stoatman, "Oh, it's only a matter of time before some moonbat comes out & says it's 'global warming' that caused the quake", and I was sternly rebutted and told to stop being so stoopid...

But I am vindicated:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110006079

2. so did gobal warming caused by all this pollution bring about then end of the Ice Age as well? :wink:

3. I thought it was a Nuclear Sub exploding?

Ahhhh my tinfoil chapeau.....

4. Of course! And Global Warming is also responsible for the fact that we are still significantly colder than we were during the Medieval Warm Period, and that the average temp for the last 100 yrs is significantly below the average for the last 1000 etc etc etc :lol:

Of course climate change happens, on many scales -
    yearly (seasons)
    11-year (sunspot cycles)
    10,000odd year (ice age cycle)
    and there's some other related cycles going on as well. The enviro-loons only ever seem to start their graphs around the 'Little Ice Age' of the 18th century, and never during or before the Medieval Warm period, so of course it looks like we're getting unnaturally warmer! :roll:

Given that human-related CO2 emissions account for only about 3% (IIRC) of total global CO2 emissions annually, can we really be having that much of an effect? And if we are (which I'm pretty sure we're not), how come it's only been noticed in the last 20 yrs or so, when in the 60s they were obsessed with 'global cooling'???

5. much preferred my abridged version stoatman :wink: :lol: but thanks anyway

6. Whatever caused it, it was all America's fault anyway. If the CIA weren't reponsible for it, then they failed to warn hundreds of millions of people in Third-World ramshackle regions in the space of about 45 minutes. And of course, let's not forget all those evil multinational corporations are about to get even richer by somehow profiteering from it all. Which is probably why the CIA organised it in the first place......

AAAAAGGGHHHH. I can't take anymore conspiracy theories!!!!!!

Then again, maybe that's their plan to get to me.......I'm off to the bunker....

7. If the loons wanna help the planet, they should stop breathing and filling the world with there polutants of the CO2.

Oh by the way my watch has stopped working is this also because of global warming or it of the fact that i forgot to wind it??

8. "Oh by the way my watch has stopped working is this also because of global warming or it of the fact that i forgot to wind it??"

No, you'll find that one is down to Maggie (or 'Thatcher' as her name is spat by the hatred-filled ones). The rule here being that if it's a present problem then it's the fault of the Yanks, if it's a previous problem then it's the fault of the Lady With The Balls.

9. I bet David Icke has the answer. It was space aliens disguised as the Queen and...er...the Illuminati mob. They must have had a big global conspiracy meeting in Indonesia and jumped up and down a lot. Probably.

10. The yanks did cause the tsunami.

Evidence on Fox News last night. A shot of Colin Powell signing a book of condolence at the Indonesian Embassy in Washington DC.

The announcer said he was writing his APOLOGIES ..........What had the yanks done to aplogise about? …What have we not been told?

11. the testing of their secret earth quake ray from deigo garcia obviously
    my wife actually believed that :roll: .I thought the verdict on global warming is still out .

12. Global warming is just a bluff by the yanks to hide the Earthquake Ray - Funny how Diego Garcia suffered no damage 8O 8O 8O

13. For this Greenpeace c0ck to attempt to subvert the death of >120000 for his own political agenda is pisspoor.

It was caused by a bloody great earthquake.

End of.

14. I do not doubt that all out Pollution and greenhouse what ever is causing the earths temp to rise.
    But the Earth is going through one of it's cycles and as the events of last week showed man is just an insignificant pimple on the arsse of the Planet.
    john

15. I do not doubt that all out Pollution and greenhouse what ever is causing the earths temp to rise.
    But the Earth is going through one of it's cycles and as the events of last week showed man is just an insignificant pimple on the arsse of the Planet.
    john