Greenpeace loses charity status in NZ

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, May 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HERE
    Who'd have thunk it - a judge with nous!
    ... not before time

2. A Rainbow Warrior moment?

3. Good decision.

4. No argument here

5. Its about time this happend

6. Probably worse than that, though to be fair Greenpeace has lost alot of credibility in recent years becoming more of a hinderance than a help. I have a degree in Environmental science and its an area that interests me but I don't think the way forward is to dance around naked by some motorway layby or to protest in some vague south pacific backwater something that Greenpeace appears to be supporting of late. It does more harm than good when a significant number of environmentalists realise there are better ways forward.

7. Greanpeace's work is far, far more extensive than the "direct action" part that grabs the headlines. Their Amsterdam HQ does some pretty high quality analysis, but gets zero press (fish population dynamics, tropical forestry modelling, water management system design etc.).

They have a strong cadre of "proper" research scientists...........not charismatic, but quite effective and influential.

Agree that the media whore aspect is cock.

8. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

So maybe they should try and get their own house in order and get rid of the people that do the politically bad stuff. Peoples' front of Judea/Judean peoples' front stylee.

9. That's not a very nice thing to say about kiwiland! ;)

10. Harsh but fair.