Greenhat sacked on Mil.com. Whats the skinny?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by PartTimePongo, Nov 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A forum that police's its moderators ? Priceless. :lol:

2. Big Al, aka Greenhat, got bounced? Good!
    With his "Yes, Mr President and No, Mr President" and "Don't anybody insult the POTUS", he was a right nauseating pain in the fücking arrse. He even sulked and slouched off Fivepak's site because he wasn't allowed to reprimand people the way he wanted to.
    Fückin' good riddance!

MsG

3. I lurk at military.com but dont post much because of the lib/anti-war types that go in there and post their views. You cant reason with them and their posts just make me mad. So I end up ignoring alot of posts. You just have to pick your battles. US military posters generally support the Bush administration and its policies. To folks in Europe who are on the opposite end of the
    political spectrum, they dont want to understand the views of mil.com posters so mock their views as simplistic. For serious military discussions I like more specialized military forums than mil.com. I dont like to see anyone have a personal setback. Greenhat has strong beliefs like we all do. He exercised his judgement like mod's have to do. Sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong. The bottom line to me is that there is a difference between a troll and someone who simply wants an exchange of views. There are good mod's and poor mod's on all forums. PTP for example is one of the best one's I have run across on the net. So its unfortunate that GH lost his mod role but there could have been issues known only to the Board admins.

4. T6, there's a little chunk on the Mil.com website called "Point-Counterpoint" which should be for exactly that, but with Greenhat knocking around it never was. Big Al was dropped because, apparently, he banned a poster called something-wind, who was then re-instated by "Stoney" (who must be one of the big cheeses on Mil.com). Then Stoney did a Donald for a few days and Big Al unilaterally re-banned the poster without informing Stoney. This is supposed to have happened on a number of occasions, so Stoney decided to drop Greenhat as a moderator.Essentially, he's only got his arrogant self to blame.
    Quite apart from the fact that he was a bit of a poser anyway. Otherwise, how do you explain the fact that he lives in Thailand but managed to get "promoted" to Major there, even though he was no longer serving?
    And, as I said before, good fücking riddance! :D :D :D :D :D

MsG

5. BTW, I agree entirely that PTP is an excellent Mod, even though he does chew my arrse sometimes. But he's invariably in the right!

MsG