• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

GREENE KING LICENSEES

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
ES, they were never the cheapest, but one of the hardest brewery chains to get a job with, I tried for 6 months back in 2005.

Joker62 said:
ES, they were never the cheapest, but one of the hardest brewery chains to get a job with, I tried for 6 months back in 2005.
My local which I would say is WAY out of their area has actually always been very reasonable.

Pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord has just gone up from £2.55 to £2.70

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
EX_STAB said:
Joker62 said:
My local which I would say is WAY out of their area has actually always been very reasonable.

Almost London prices!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joker62 said:
EX_STAB said:
Joker62 said:

I got charged £3.30 for a pint of Pedigree in a very ordinary market town pub in Derbyshire recently...

Joker62 said:
I,ve got a tenancy with them! At present they are trying to recruit ex forces to take over their tenancies. Well all I can say is be very wary. This trade is a bugger as it is but GK sell it as all roses and nice profit. Yes for them. If any Arrser is thinking of taking over a GK pub please PM me for a few pointers.

Timothy Taylor in a Greene King pub? Not one of their ales, might be a freehouse!

F

fozzy

Joker62 said:
EX_STAB said:
Joker62 said:

Average price round my manor in the City is £3.40!!

I charge
£2.50 for black sheep cask
£2.40 for John Smiths Smooth
£2.60 for Fosters
£2.70 for Kronenberg
£2.60 for Strongbow

Shorts are about £1.60 with a double up for a pound and fifty 'p' a mixer

I think they are reasonable for what it costs me, added on my overheads and profit margin and then a tadge more for contingencies...we may not be the cheapest but we are competitive and not greedy.

I am a freehouse though which helps considerably in how much I buy the things for.

I only run the pub as a hobby at the weekend, Engineering is still my stock in trade. ;-)

Latest Threads