GREENE KING LICENSEES

Brewery have just put their prices up. With the VAT increase it's gone up 15p a pint in my local as of tonight.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
ES, they were never the cheapest, but one of the hardest brewery chains to get a job with, I tried for 6 months back in 2005.

Joker62 said:
ES, they were never the cheapest, but one of the hardest brewery chains to get a job with, I tried for 6 months back in 2005.
My local which I would say is WAY out of their area has actually always been very reasonable.

Pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord has just gone up from £2.55 to £2.70

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
EX_STAB said:
Joker62 said:
My local which I would say is WAY out of their area has actually always been very reasonable.

Almost London prices!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joker62 said:
EX_STAB said:
Joker62 said:

I got charged £3.30 for a pint of Pedigree in a very ordinary market town pub in Derbyshire recently...

Joker62 said:
I,ve got a tenancy with them! At present they are trying to recruit ex forces to take over their tenancies. Well all I can say is be very wary. This trade is a bugger as it is but GK sell it as all roses and nice profit. Yes for them. If any Arrser is thinking of taking over a GK pub please PM me for a few pointers.

Timothy Taylor in a Greene King pub? Not one of their ales, might be a freehouse!

F

fozzy

Joker62 said:
EX_STAB said:
Joker62 said:

Average price round my manor in the City is £3.40!!

I charge
£2.50 for black sheep cask
£2.40 for John Smiths Smooth
£2.60 for Fosters
£2.70 for Kronenberg
£2.60 for Strongbow

Shorts are about £1.60 with a double up for a pound and fifty 'p' a mixer

I think they are reasonable for what it costs me, added on my overheads and profit margin and then a tadge more for contingencies...we may not be the cheapest but we are competitive and not greedy.

I am a freehouse though which helps considerably in how much I buy the things for.

I only run the pub as a hobby at the weekend, Engineering is still my stock in trade. ;-)