GREENE KING LICENSEES

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Grimly_Fiendish, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any Greene King Licensees on this site?

2. After a free pint? :D

3. Brewery have just put their prices up. With the VAT increase it's gone up 15p a pint in my local as of tonight.

4. ES, they were never the cheapest, but one of the hardest brewery chains to get a job with, I tried for 6 months back in 2005.

5. My local which I would say is WAY out of their area has actually always been very reasonable.

Pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord has just gone up from £2.55 to £2.70

6. Almost London prices!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. I got charged £3.30 for a pint of Pedigree in a very ordinary market town pub in Derbyshire recently...

8. I,ve got a tenancy with them! At present they are trying to recruit ex forces to take over their tenancies. Well all I can say is be very wary. This trade is a bugger as it is but GK sell it as all roses and nice profit. Yes for them. If any Arrser is thinking of taking over a GK pub please PM me for a few pointers.

Timothy Taylor in a Greene King pub? Not one of their ales, might be a freehouse!

9. Average price round my manor in the City is £3.40!!

10. I charge
    £2.50 for black sheep cask
    £2.40 for John Smiths Smooth
    £2.60 for Fosters
    £2.70 for Kronenberg
    £2.60 for Strongbow

Shorts are about £1.60 with a double up for a pound and fifty 'p' a mixer

I think they are reasonable for what it costs me, added on my overheads and profit margin and then a tadge more for contingencies...we may not be the cheapest but we are competitive and not greedy.

I am a freehouse though which helps considerably in how much I buy the things for.

I only run the pub as a hobby at the weekend, Engineering is still my stock in trade. ;-)