"Green Zone" - USA USA USA!!!

#3
Heh, not this time around. He does look as though he's giving the typical Dramatic US war hero performance though. Who knows, could be an alright movie. Just not a great "I'll be getting that as soon as it's out on DVD" movie.
 
#4
Yeah that's why I brought up Bourne . It looks like the character's been transported to Iraq and gets caught up in a twisty turning plot involving lots of fisticuffs and bullets

That said the Bourne movies were a great critical and financial success so you can't blame a studio for playing it safe
 
#6
ash_p said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tleyO4MoFCQ

Another shocking looking yank flick, starring none other than Matt Damon.
2 of my friends are "extras" in this.
 
#7
Looks like a cross between the Bourne flicks and Black Hawk Down, even to the cityscape and the anti-helo RPG moment. Don't think I'll be rushing to see this one, but who knows, might be alright.
 
#8
It appears that the head CIA guy is played by Brendan Gleason, an Irish actor, graduate of RADA in London and formerly of the Royal Shakespeare Company. From the clip it probably is worth seeing.

Odd thing though; being septic I have friends who were US Army in Iraq and I cannot recall any of them telling me about shootouts between Army, Special Forces and the CIA. Must be super secret stuff I am not cleared for.
 
#9
DavidBOC said:
It appears that the head CIA guy is played by Brendan Gleason, an Irish actor, graduate of RADA in London and formerly of the Royal Shakespeare Company. From the clip it probably is worth seeing.

Odd thing though; being septic I have friends who were US Army in Iraq and I cannot recall any of them telling me about shootouts between Army, Special Forces and the CIA. Must be super secret stuff I am not cleared for.
There is the old one about Army and Police both undercover and plain-clothes in NI in a firefight for 5 mins until they both realise just who the others are - but I think that's an urban myth more than anything...
 
#10
What happened to the million dollars? :?

 
#11
Ruckerwocman said:
What happened to the million dollars? :?

The CIA does not have to account for small sums
 
#12
DavidBOC said:
Ruckerwocman said:
What happened to the million dollars? :?

The CIA does not have to account for small sums
Ah. Petty cash then. :p
 

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
#13
Now the fighting is over, roll out the movies....Looks alright to me, from the trailor. Damon and Gleeson both make quality movies, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

As for it being Hollywood - well, the UK no longer makes war movies, bar TV specials ("B2O," "Contact," "Longdon," etc), none of which have been, IMHO, much above average.

The last decent British war film was "Memphis Belle" (which, naturally, was about the Americans, as apparently international audiences are uninterested in British servicemen in action). Prior to that you'd have to go back to the "Where Eagles Dare" and "Zulu" era.

This is a pity as "Sniper One" and "Apache" could benefit from a cinematic treatment.
 
#14
Andy_S said:
The last decent British war film was "Memphis Belle" (which, naturally, was about the Americans, as apparently international audiences are uninterested in British servicemen in action). Prior to that you'd have to go back to the "Where Eagles Dare" and "Zulu" era.
Which both had American directors :roll:
 
#15
I'm currently reading "Target Basra". Such an excellent book, would make an even better film, if the budget was right to give it justice.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads